Friday, July 09, 2004

One thing that I do miss from the trip was for sure being able to speed. Normally I obey traffic outside of Mi except for Chi-town. I left work today in Canton, at 8:00 p.m. and just casually driving back home. Then all of a sudden this black, pimped out limited edition Grand Am SL/T(?) sped through every lane. I mean this guy was cutting through traffic like a hot knife through butter.

So I decided to catch up to him so I could give him a nod of let's get this going then. This was at 696 and 275 when we first started. We kept playing cat and mouse with each other up at a calm speed of 120 mph. I finally took a huge risk due to the amount of traffic at 696 and Telegraph. I let him pass me thinking he won, but only so I can exit over to 10 and hop back on to 696.

The result, this risk was well worth it because I won. I slowed back down on 696 to see if he could catch up. Which he did, by the time I was at 696 and Woodward. He pulled up next to me, as we were driving next to each other. He gave me a thumbs up for my move on exiting to 10. We decided to have our windows down to chit chat while driving and here's how our convo went:

K: What took you so long?
Grand Am: I caught up to you now didn't I?
K: Yeah cuz I slowed down for ya :)
Grand Am: Do you want to continue this?
K: Sure, let's go again baby!
Grand Am: Let's do this!

Round 2 started at 696 and 75 after our convo. We sped off and this time I left him in the dust for sure as he dropped off and got lost in traffic at 696 and 10 Mile. I finally hit a new high in my car too, 130 mph.

This was by far the most friendliest street race I've been in. It was fun because we both have a great amount of respect for each other's driving skills. Those who think they are road rage "greats" are on the low end of the totem pole. A guy like this Grand Am, will put those in their places. Street racing is where it's really at for that good adrenaline rush. I wish I got that guy's info or something because I would of loved to do this again with him. However, there will be others that I'll see on the road who think they can haze other drivers then that's when I come in.

Broken

No comments: