Saturday, July 10, 2004

Spreading the love, was what happened at ACA today! We had a Christian Evangelism team from Milwaukee come in and share God's Word and do some skits as well. I was excited and pumped for my kids to be hearing the Gospel. However, since this is "reglious" thing we had to get consent from all of the kid's parents to allow them to hear/see this experience. I was bummed that there were at least 7 kids whose parents did not want their kids to take part of this experience. One of my girls came up to me and said that her mom does not want her to believe in God or that Christian stuff. I was bummed but I didn't let that hamper my day.

I had my kids lined up and all fired up ready to go. The Milwaukee team consisted of 30-40 team members and they set a stage right in the middle of our street! I mean if you've seen where I work at, it is not the safest part of the D. I mean we have broken class, hookers, druggies, and homeless people all over the place. But the team set this stage up so huge where we had glaring speakers, and a nice stage so everybody on the streets can see.

I was playing the cheerleader, as I had my kids chant out, CBC, God, and Jesus at different times of the day. The Milwaukee team was even sharing the Gospel to all those who live or were out in the streets. They were just spreading the love and going out of their comfort zone to meet/greet people no matter what they look like, or the amount of money they make, or even if they live in a house. For myself this is something that I need to work on. What a blessed way to end the day at work. At the same time, as I was watching Mission Possible of Milwaukee, my thoughts and prayers remain with Team Taiwan.

Throwback

No comments: