Friday, July 16, 2004

Wow, what a day at work as we had a field trip to MSU. To make a long story short, all you saw was an explosion between myself and my boss. The worst part about it was that it was in front of the camp. It sucked even more that we are both believers and many people around us know our faith. The arguement got so far that our secretary had to pull my boss away from the bickering. I was upset for the rest of the day and it was nice of my kids to show their sympathy for me and understanding my point of view. I thought it was gonna be a sucky day but it was nice that the counselors also agreed with me too. I'm glad we all went out to Popeyes after work in the D to chill and hangout for 3 hours. I definitely needed it and glad that for the most part my boss and I worked out things after.
 
The best part about this field trip was this girl came up to me and asked me where I went to high school. It was Jill Brundriks, one of the smartest girls in our class at least in my opinion and one of the kindest too. I'm glad to hear that she is getting married soon and hopefully we'll keep in touch. We had french class together and of course she remembers me as the goof off in class. I still have the Christmas present she got for me back in my sophmore year.
 
Back to the whole drama with my boss and I, I know one of my probs is submitting to authority. At the same time, I believe that we should challenge those above us in the heirarchy system if something does not seem right. It's like if my boss told me to jump off a bridge, then am I going to do it? I'm glad to hear that my kids, counselors, and even our higher up staff members agree me. However, none of them wanna say anything because she is our boss and don't want to get into an arguement or get fired. I guess I'm different like that, especially with my kids, I want what's best for them and I'll defend and stand up to anyone if I have to. And we all discussed it over at Popeyes, Friday will be a long day at work already. I'll go with Ayinde's plan for tomorrow and just keep my mouth shut and be a robot.
 
Drawing Me Closer

No comments: