Monday, November 14, 2005

Red Carpet - So reflecting back on what I was blogging about yesterday got me thinking. Am I really gonna let this student teaching thing suck the life out of me? I can say on one hand I have done an excellent job making it my top priority. On the other hand, I've made it such a top priority that my spiritual growth has hit a snag. Plus my usual workouts have really affected my play too. So, this week my goal is to finish out all sorts of planning for my tenure. On most days, I will stay at work until 8 p.m., how many teachers do you know that stay that late? I do this because it is pissing me off missing worship again just to grade papers, plan projects, make tests, etc.

I had this gut feeling on my way to Lifetime that I was going to run into someone from the Mustangs. I thought I saw Bridget (older sis of Shane-O), whom I just met at conferences who plays v-ball. However, I thought it was my imagination until Shane-O came up to me during warm-ups. Now I have a fan, and it's wierd knowing that one of my students is watching me play. The CBC Pistons are now 1-0 at Lifetime, but it sucks for me because man my conditioning sucked. My guy scored 8 straight points on me! For sure, I am going to get my lesson plans done this week so I can go back to working out and focusing on every aspect of my life.

What was funny too, was after the game I ran into one of the 2nd grade teachers at Mustangs. Someone hold me accountable to finishing what I want to finish by the end of this week. I want to give back to the community in the U, The Heights, and Twp.

RIP Eddie G. (67-05)

No comments: