Wednesday, September 03, 2003

Man, I need to get a new computer badly. Anyways, finally have some time to share what's been going on with this past weekend. This year I went to Chicago earlier than the past 3 years I've gone. I'm glad I got time to spend with Viv and check out her new place. I had lunch with her family and then we went for a long walk down Lake Shore Dr. Viv and I played sand v-ball, which was frustrating in itself. It took me a while to gather my timing since this is sand. Second, this fricking homo kept picking on Viv, that started irritating me. He kept dinking it, because Viv was playing back more, then she moves up then he starts slamming it at her. Fricking punk couldn't keep doing that to me though nor his GG partner. It was fun for me to keep dinking it at him too, and to give him a little stare just to show him that he ain't the only person on this beach that can do that. I'm glad that it was a long walk back to Viv's place because I needed to cool off.

Then came Saturday, the big day, this year it seemed like things moved very quickly or maybe it was because I played b-ball and things go at a quicker pace. It sucked that we lost to CCUC by 1 point, and all I keep hearing is the would of's, could of's, should of type of things. Gamebreaker was right though, they worked better as a team, their star players did what they were supposed to and their role players did what they had to, no complaints about it. I wish I scouted their team better, I did a poor job at checking out the matchups. I missed a free throw that game, which I feel costed us at least the tie for overtime had I made one more free throw. I wish I got the chance to take the last shot, ever since high school, I've grown accustomed to that role. Even when the games are close up at MSU, the last shot is either gonna go to Stan or myself. Oh well, now I can look at the video and break down each game to see what went wrong. I know we are a better team on paper based on talent then CCUC, but it all comes down to who wants it more. On the other hand, I'm happy for CGC for beating them though, and a big congrats to their team, they played very well as a unit.

I kept thinking where should I go to worship this past Sunday. E.Kou and his boys invited me to go to CCMC to go worship and play v-ball with them afterwards. Viv and G invited me to their church for worship, but in the end I felt God calling me to go to CCUC. Every year I go to worship there, I always learn so much more about God's Word. This year, again it was a great message in terms of the role of prayer and women.

Also I wanna give a big hats off to the CCMC team for winning the B division. Ever since last year's CCUC tournament, I predicted them to win this year. They are a very talented team, and I know how they feel about being "paper champions" because Team Bring It wasn't there this year. All dynasties must come to an end, and now CCMC has a nice little one going, which is being in the finals the past 2 years now, which in itself is a feat of it's own.

I believe another highlight for me was seeing Dan and Peter getting a chance to take home some sort of hardware this year. For the past few years now, Dan has always been so giving of himself to the C teams and it was great to see him for the first time ever get a trophy along with Peter. Hopefully, next year they can take the next step and advance to the finals.

All in all, this year was ok though, I can't say I really had a great time, could it be that I didn't get a trophy this year? Nah I don't think so because we won last year, yet I was annoyed, and this year was no different. I felt bad if I gave people attitude prob's but I think I was just tired with so many people wearing the hell out of me this past weekend. I went earlier and stayed longer hoping to get some alone time for myself, but that never happened. Then it's like people have all these great ideas, but no action and expect other's to pick it up for them, or even helping people figuring out what they should be doing. I'm thankful for KasiBreeze in helping out driving people back too.

Another beautiful day, so it's time go for a little workout again outside. Time to train for the marathon too, hopefully Dr. Kim can clear me to run this year too! Woohoo, I bought the new Jay Chou cd, and now I'm in that phase of listening to his music 24/7.

Live For The Moment

No comments: