Monday, September 15, 2003

Today, was I don't know if you want to call it a non-fruit producing day but that's what it seemed like since I overslept for worship. It didn't help that I came home at 7:00 this morning from playing Madden with my cuz and Frank Morningweg ;)

I've been doing a lot of thinking about Margret's letters lately. She is asking for prayers in terms of being a good witness with her money with the blessing of a new home. I'm starting to understand where she is coming from in terms of the wear and tear on her body and car of why she would move. I think that's what got to me at time when I went to SVSU, because I love to drive and all, but the scenery got too much of the same no matter all the different ways I took to get there.

Last night when I was driving to my cuz's house, it got me thinking of the good ol' days in the past. When Titans football season wasn't going on, my schedule after school would be pretty predictable for the most part. After school, go to my cuz's house to meet up with my friends and his friends to play b-ball till it got dark. We'd play at his house because his driveway was so big, with up to 18 people at his house, we would have 3 on 3 tournaments. When it got dark, we would all come in and play video games together, then the next day same thing over. Or we'd go to Dekyser to play full court and eventually went to Warrner Park. Winter time, it would be after school then we'd play football. Friday nites in the winter would be our day of going to Basketball City, Metro Hoops, Joe Dumars, Stadler Park or Roseville Gardens.

Those were the days in Sterling Whites, where I could come home and everything was within a 10 minute radius of me. We could go to Showcase and catch friday nite flicks or Blockbuster to get games. Flash forward to the present now, it would be amazing to find something within a 10 mile radius to hang with peeps. Even this morning, I woke up at 8 so I got a good one hour nap before doing that snooze thing. For the first time ever this morning, I did not have the passion to even drive to worship. I know that was or is the wrong mentality too so I need to continue to repent.

As I was even driving to and from CBC, it just seemed like the neverending drive. I did so many different things to speed up the drive such as just weaving in and out of 696. This driving thing has affected my attitude as of late, it's even got to the point where I am heavily considering going through those pretty orange cones to get around those who don't know how to merge. I was playing around with my engine oil when I got home and it's amazing that closing in on 4 weeks that I'm gonna need to change it again.

I wish I could go back to that day in my senior year where I wrote this one email to them about driving. They talked to me about it and now that I look back at it, it's kind of funny now. I was talking to V yesterday and I'm glad that she feels me on another dang issue that I never thought of. Come to think of it, she mentioned a couple of good things that I need to think about too. I'm thinking that I'm this particular cartoon character, but in a more sarcastic sense. James wrote in chapter 1 about find joy in our trials, I'm trying to think where is the joy in all this? So far the good note is, I gotta try to be thankful for being blessed with a car because not many do even have one in means of transportation.

The days of The Heights, and now instead of when I race someone, I don't or can't even call it 2 Fast 2 Furious. The new title for myself is 2 Pissed 2 Frustrated, why is it we have so many morons on the road? I'm sorry to everyone too for those who tried calling today. It was selfish of me for not picking up the phone because I just didn't want to talk to anyone. So I pray that those who called, that it was not in an emergency and that things are ok.

Throwback '96

No comments: