Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Wheaton - There's this girl, Amanda in my class. She is Emotionally Impaired (EI) and she goes down to the Learning Center for every subject but Social Studies. She's a sweetie and I can sense what she does not get at home. She is a follower, and has low self-esteem who does not care for school. Her role model is her older sis, which isn't sayin much. Amanda acts and is actually a lot more mature physically and mentally of what goes on in her head and how she dresses. She often comes to school an hour late because she always oversleeps for school. Something happened to her house yesterday from what I heard today. Against the wishes of some peeps, before my Dumar's v-ball game, I drove past Amanda's house.

What I saw was true, her garage was burned completely down. The whole thing was in flames, and now her property has the Police tapes around it. The cause of the fire has yet to be determined, but sources say it was her older bro who is a pyro maniac. I wish there was more I could do for her. I played my heart out at tonight's game for her.

Lastly, I've been watching SchoolHouse Rock tapes to prepare for some lesson plans. I just found out I have to ref on Sunday. Man that means I am workin 7 days a week now, blah.

Goldberg

No comments: