Friday, December 09, 2005

2 Towers - Everyone was cheering after the last seminar we had to attend at OU. I wasn't though, because unlike them I was always on campus. Many of them checked in and checked out as a job, but I bled for this school. I'm thankful for the path chosen for me by Him, it would be interesting if I was still at SVSU.

On Thursday, my 6th graders through me a surprise going away party. I'll have to post pics up later, but I was so shocked that they left me speechless. A lot of them spent money getting me gift certificates so I can purchase things for my classroom. Hailey's Comet got me a huge cookie from Mrs. Field's. It was bigger than my stomach! Mari Had A Lil Lamb, grab a huge pic of a Corvette and stuck every 6th grader on there! Miss Canada and her mom organized everything, and they got me a huge bin. The rest of the class purchased all sorts of goodies and threw it in the bin. Slammin Sami wrote me a letter a few days ago, and asked that I write her back. In her letter, she told me that everyday she tried to be the bomb student in the class. In my eyez, she did just that, always so serious about her grade and never taking any of my jokes when I mess with her, but she always smiled when I told her to because she knew she could trust me. I got a lot of hugs, from all my students and some who didn't want to let go. I was surprised that even the worst student who I took recess from a lot, got me a gift. Katrina, such a cutie who always seemed scared of me came up to me for a long hug.

At the end of the day, I through up my email address to all of them. Miss Canada has been the one writing to me the most. She is one of my fav's because she is spoiled but humble about it. It only seemed like yesterday, that in January I was complaining about this place. However, it was His love that helped me get through the battle. He helped me conquer my advisaries, and His love was evident to my kids because I showed that to them every day. I miss them a lot and I can only ask for our paths to keep crossing til they graduate. Even so, though the whole school knows me because I had so many other students from other grades hugging me before school ended. If that doesn't tell the other student teachers who the best was then I don't know what else you can measure it by.

Some peeps say, you gotta be teacher approval not student approval. Well I scoff at that, because it is both. I mean if the students love you, then they will respect you, which turns into listening to what you are teaching. If you want respect then you gotta show the love from the heart. Heart, something that I still say no one can match this EduK8R.

I ask Him, to let my students know that my heart is with them always.

Spilt Personality

No comments: