Tuesday, December 20, 2005


Room 10 6th Grade
You and Me by Lifehouse
Cuz you and me, and all of the people
With nothing to do, nothing to lose
And it's you and me, and all of the people
And I don't know why, I can't keep my eyes off of you

This is what I believe in my heart to all my Mustangs!

Rocket City - I got a call this morning, from Teach to see if I was coming to the Motor City assembly today. It was cool meeting the Mechanics, ya know the local hockey team down at the Fraz. It's wierd actually because they play pro hockey and I drew more attention when I walked into the school with them. It's like I am just short of signing autographs now. I've been reflecting over the past couple of days and lookin at pics from the WWE of their tour to the troops.

Ya know people think this teaching gig is easy, like we get breaks and work a short day. However, it ain't easy well maybe I make it hard for myself. My goal everyday, is to learn something new and make an impact on someone's life. Over the last few months, I have learned a lot about some of my Mustangs kids living environment. I mean, ya think living in the Twp., Heights, or the U it would be all at least middle class. However, I have heard and visited some of the projects where my kids grow up in. Oh yes, the burbs actually have something to it maybe not like the D though.

Like one of my students, her dad's in jail already and just recently her mom is in there too for sellin drugs. I have some students who have been abused, done drugs, etc. Some staff members have shared with me how some of them see me more than a teach, but as hope for them. I go to a lot of events that deal with Mustangs then some have asked me to come to their personal events. I do both, and even tonight some came to the 5th grade concert because I told them that I'd be there and I hope to see them there to support the school. Some of my students even return the favor now and come see me play in my b-ball or v-ball games. Even today, they even know where my faith in God is too. My motto, to teach is to inspire and I'll always give it my all to make an impact on at least 1 person.

Santa

No comments: