Sunday, December 21, 2003

Well here's a rare Sunday edition of blogging. I've been doing a lot of thinking and reflecting lately, now that school is over with. Today, I was on my way to work from b-ball. I was stuck in traffic along with half of the Metro Detroiters on 696. In my head, I kept complaining because it's like dude, this fricking accident has made me an hour and a half late to work. Thoughts of, what kind of idiot gets into an accident in this kind of weather, ran through in my head or this has better be a good reason for me to be late for work. I got home from work and watched the news to see exactly what had happened. I felt like a complete jackass, because it turned out that some trucker jackknifed into a Taurus, killing one 49 year old woman. It got me thinking how, earlier I was complaining for myself, and I didn't have a single thought of those who were involved in the accident. I believe that's why Paul wrote it in Phil 2:14, because that's all we do is think about ourselves. It's like the more we complain, it is just a reflection of just exactly how selfish we are. I was looking back at some of my entries, and I realized that I've lost site of that. It's like I can't even go 24 hours without a single complaint. As the new year rolls around, I'm thinking I need to work on this for myself. Anyone wanna join and keep each other accountable for 2K4?

I was also thinking about one of my Christmas gifts that I received back in the day. I got the Power Rangers board game from my cousin. I still can recall the day he gave it to me. He paid for it with his hard earn money when he was working at Toys R Us during the holiday season. I remember when he handed it to, my first reaction was something that he probably was not expecting. My initial reaction was like uh thanks, and in my head I'm thinking I wonder what he wants from me, or is this a trick? It was just so strange at the time because my cousins and I never exchange gifts and this was a first from him.

My point is that I doubted or question his gift at the time. I mean we are tight as can be in our family, but it's like I had to doubt his gift of love to me. Like I couldn't recieve the gift myself 100% and whole heartedly thank him. Because of that I overlooked his thought through the gift because he knew that I love Power Rangers. Or even the gift of salvation, I even had to question God! I mean God is God, but yet my ignorant self had to question Him, the purest of pures!

I had a dilema today too, as I found out my parents will keep the restaurant open on Christmas Day. I was just kind of and still kind of bummed, as I like to do my best and spend each holiday with them as much as possible since that is usually their only day off. My prayers tonight go out to those who lost their lives in the 3 car accidents across Metro Detroit.

We Will Get There

No comments: