Monday, January 05, 2004

Ok, this sucks my first blog of the new year and it just got wiped off the face of the earth. So again what I was trying to say is what a short break it was, although I spent some quality time with my cousins. Christmas Eve night, I went to my Uncle Simon and Aunt Lisa's annual Christmas party. I was glad to spend more time with my baby cuz, Wendy. I saw some of my Korean relatives although I can't remember anything my Aunt Lisa taught me back in the days of how to speak it. Here's a sound byte of the party from a friend of the family:

Friend: Hey K, my son is taller than you now and he is only 16 years old.
Wendy: He's not taller than him!
K (staring him down): It ain't the size of the man, it's the size of the heart is what I measure. Your son doesn't measure up to me on that one, partna.

Actually, I was thrilled that here is my baby cuz trying to defend me showing that she still cares. She reminded me that night of how when we were little we used to fight over our grandma's bed because she smelled better than our grandpa. I was thrilled that she came to worship with me a couple of Sunday's ago. Now I need to pray and follow up on her. She always listened to me when were little, and I never made her do anything stupid because frankly that was what her brother Alan was for.

Christmas I was blessed to be invited to the Leong/Liu/Ng Christmas gathering. I passed it up, to spend some time with my cousins for dim sum and dinner. I went over to my Aunt Aso's house, and I was flipping through old pictures. I'm thankful that she is still alive because I remember growing up in the streets of Memphis, when she took that bullet to you don't even want to know. I had an engaging convo about Christianity with my Aunt Lisa because she is the only other believer in the family. I made a promise to her that I will attend at least one worship service at KBC this year.

I don't make a lot of resolutions, but I do feel refocused, refreshed and determined to be a better leader where ever God puts me in. It starts tonight as game time is coming closer and I'm able to see if I got better or worst over break. It's almost time for me to leave the Twp.'s library so I can do some running in this lovely weather.

Tomorrow I start school, and I'm taking 17 credits with the possible addition of just one more adding on there. My grades for last semester were 3.9, 3.9, 3.0, and 2.1, yeah take a guess where the last one came from. I also bought Karoke Revolution the other day because I failed Crawling in the Dark at Ro's place. Yeah, I don't take failure to kindly, plus my sis wants to play it too. Finally, that Hey Ya song is actually growing on me, and I don't know why I actually like it now.

We've Got It Going On

No comments: