Monday, January 22, 2007


My new cuz, from the E.L.

Alley oop!

Hmm, if I was only on the other side

Hot Seat - One thing that I hate during lecture classes back in the OU days was how prof's would read word for word on their powerpoint presentation. Powerpoint is a tool to use to help you teach the class not the thing that does the teaching. A good prof such as the video series in Sunday School is a good example. I feel like when those prof's read word for word, it is like insultin my intelligence that I cannot read off the screen or something.

Which brings me to my issue from yesterday, and it could be mean but hey I said it, y'all thought bout it but just not to say it so it is almost the same thing. Do we really have to read word for word how much we spend during the membership meeting? On the plus side, at least this time they rounded the answers vs narrowin things down to the nearest cent. Then there was the vote, what vote? I felt like everyone was held hostage to vote so that we could eat lunch.

I'm glad I went to bowling afterwards to get away from some of it. Once I got home I had time to reflect on the meeting. Well first off those within CBC who are members should of been there from the get go. What the chicken are you members for in the first place unless you are tending to your kids for hot dogs. I used to skip meetings back in the day, but it's as if GP B said, if we are to build His Church His way then those who weren't there ain't helping.

Enough complainin, my solution is first let's skip reading the numbers. Just post them up and if anyone has questions then let it be raised otherwise let's motion it forward. Secondly, is the Board throws numbers at us to digest, and the congregation throw some legit questions that do not go answered. So why don't we have someone keeps minutes of the meeting and redenvous in another month to discuss everything. All bout efficiency baby!

Umaga

No comments: