Wednesday, February 27, 2002

Break it down...

Ok so I know Tuesday night v-ball is an outreach and I should be happy that people come to listen to the Gospel. But last night was so fricking boring at v-ball because of the lack of talent. Actually I've been having this prob lately in v-ball, b-ball, and football. I wanna say that I'm always giving 100% out there but when my teammates are giving some half crap effort, ya know is it wrong of me to get on their case. Like to me, being competitive is half the fun right there. I don't care if my team loses as long as everyone is giving it their all. Like last night you have so many people just slapping the crap out of the ball. People like Peter have been teaching these people for God knows how long now and they still choose to play like that as if it was fun to them. I wonder if they ever realize that some of us actually want to play a real game of v-ball, ya know bump, set, spike.

So there was a big case of this last night after sharing. There was a group of us who were warming up and ready to play some serious v-ball. Then a stampede of people who aren't that great came to join us in warming up. However by doing that, half of my group left seeing that their wasn't gonna be no serious game on this side. I chose to stay because I felt bad for these people. One of the lesser skilled guys asked "why are they leaving, do they not like us?" Part of me just wanted to yell "Because y'all suck" but that wouldn't be too editfying. But it's like these people don't have a clue why no one wanted to join them in passing or playing a game with them. I stayed because I would of felt guilty for choosing to leave too but I'm sure they wouldn't want my sympathy either. I was just so eager to post on the lunch tables one side A and the other B. Again, I don't mind if you suck but is willing to try and put in effort. But if just suck and wanna stay that way then that just irritates me.

Just like last Saturday too, you have certain guys who play cheap or dirty. Like part of me felt bad for one guy who got his nose busted pretty good. He was bleeding all over the place. However another part of me felt like he deserved it because he plays dirty and got what he deserved. Again certain people who think they are playing the right way but aren't. (Sigh) I don't know, like God gave us the spirit of competition. And I should be thankful of my athletic abilities. I just wish people would give it their all, is that too much to ask?

God help us all

No comments: