Tuesday, November 11, 2003

Good ol high school humor cracked me up yesterday in EED. So Shawn, Carl, and I were doing this art project which was hammering out a piece of metal into a piece of art. Margo was walking around to make sure that we all could do it. So here's the convo:

Us 3: Hey Margo come over here.
M: What's up guys!
S: Yeah, we were wondering where did you get access to all this wood?
C and K: hahahah
M: Very funny, guys.
K: Wait, my wrist kind of hurts, is there a better way to hold your wood?
S and C: hahah
M:Why don't you tell me?

Eh, it was funny and Margo and Melissa were cracking up afterwards.

Now my thought of the day, is leadership after sitting through the English Leaders Meeting. Are you born with it or is it developed? Today, I'm sitting in ECON with the rest of the class. Some of us had gotten word that Prof. Johnson was not here today. So I held my 10 minute rule for myself only. Danielle and Karen kept telling me to make the decision for the class, whether to bounce or stay. The other half of the class all kept looking at me too, waiting for me to make a move. Here I am just counting the minutes away just so I can leave. With 3 minutes left, I stood up in front of the whole lecture class. It was wierd with all eyez on me, when I'm not the teacher. I told everyone that the teach has 3 minutes left, otherwise we bounce. As it nears, I decided to get the class to do a countdown with me just to build suspense. After the whole class got to 1, I said "Aight, we bounce and I'll see y'all on Thursday." I couldn't believe people were willing to follow me because I don't even know half the class. Yet they are so willing to leave with me. It made me think, man I hope I made the right call in cancelling class myself. But back to the thought, leadership, are you born with it or is it developed?

Note to myself, next entry gotta talk about my first friend ever, at Plumbrook, Dave.

Glasco

No comments: