Monday, November 03, 2003

Wow, what a 4 days it was, with the exciting twist on Survivor. I've been comtemplating if I should save this one for Sister Cat when she comes back. This by far was one of the best episodes, plus I get to see my girls Nicole and Michelle back possibly raising back my percentage of my top 4 of whom I've selected to win. I can't wait to see who gets voted off in my live version of Survivor this week.

Then their was the Passion concert. Of all the concerts I've ever been to at North Ridge, this one by far had the most Asians there. It was a nice concert because it was something different that I haven't seen yet.

Yes, U of M beat MSU so I could shut my sister up. I actually finished all my ECN work which was amazing. I also finished one of my ten projects I have for EED. So it was a productive weekend in the homework department.

Had a nice day of football today. I don't know what it was that got me more fired up today. Gosh I was just so pumped to play, maybe it was because Benito finally got to play with us. I was really hoping he and I would be on the same team so we could finally hook up. It didn't work out that way, but Jimmy did a good job today as well. He did a really great job in checking with his progressions, and just throwing it where only the receivers can get to the ball. However, I gotta say though, the Fungster is by far one of the best 3rd down recievers to throw to. Why, because she just gets first downs after first down, very clutch.

Finally the final thing on my mind is legalism. Daddy Moy taught this lesson last week and reviewed it again today. I thought today, it raised a lot of good points. This past week, I've been thinking about all my legalistic ways and how I try to push my own personal convictions on to others. Daddy Moy wanted me to share with the class about where I see legalism, my first thought was right inside at CBC. I love CBC as much as the next person, but personally I feel hated on sometimes ya know.

Off the top of my head, first example that sticks out to me the past 2 weeks ago when I had to go to the DIA with SpongeBob with the rest of the class for our project. I walk into CBC, and right away a particular deacon who shall remain nameless, just looks at me in disgust or disappointment. My first thought was ok, you don't know where I've been and you look at me that way because you're disappointed at what I wore which was my D-Ship shirt and shorts. Plus I bring in a close friend of mine from school, and could of possibly saw that but didn't. But yeah pure deacon skills there.

Another one I could of named, was a couple of years ago at the CBC Retreat, Achi and I were both wearing bandanas during the refreshment time. Another higher up at CBC, asked me to take my banadana off, and I said "Sure as long as you can show in the Bible where it says that." Yeah he walked away after I said that.

Or how bout one of my Baptism night classes, now only B-12 was with me go back at it with an Elder. Again, his principles was you need to dress your best on Sundays for God, and I kept telling him that it's all in the heart of worship and that you can't judge a book by it's cover of how someone walks into worship. His answer "well sometimes you can", my rebuttle "I don't think so because only God can judge and you ain't God." Yeah baptism class was dismissed after the hammer was dropped.

My last example is, Sunday School, now I love Sunday School because I feel spiritually challenged when other brothers and sisters participate. I get a chance to listen to what other people feel about issues. It's a nice time to fellowship and get interaction with who ever is teaching it. However, I do not feel that people should be herded along like cattle or slaves into a classroom to attend Sunday School. A friendly reminder is fine, but when you feel like a hurricane forces you into it is another thing. Yeah, we should set an example for others to go to Sunday School, but I just think their should be some sort of tweaking of the approach here.

One of my biggest weaknesses, and peeps at school know this too, is that I don't like authority. Yes it's something I try to work on as well. I just wanna apologize to those in the past where I've come off legalistic or where I've tried to force down my personal convictions. I'm in the process now of filtering out those who've pushed their personal convictions on to me and I actually took some of it because I thought it was good without thinking about it. I wanna hear God's voice speaking to me about what He knows is good and bad for me, and where my boundaries are. I am though kind of glad, because now I feel like I can actually go to worship and dress more comfortably, instead of trying to please those of the church. However, at the same time I will be considerate to others as well. Why? Gotta keep the commandments baby!

No comments: