Wednesday, November 05, 2003

I was doing a lot of reflecting today, and after reading Big Nasty's entry, how appropriate that I've been reflecting well now my past 23 years of my life. What my childhood was like? I remember bouncing around from St. Louie, to Memphis, and back to the D what seemed like everyday. I remember a lot of the good times that I had when I was a lil lad. However, with the good comes the bad and it bothers me that a lot of those tragic events still kind of overshadow the good. On one hand those events made me a stronger person today. However, at times I wish I could drive the Back to the Future car and alter my past. Man, that one night still plays out in my mind over and over now.......hmmm I'm thankful to You for what you've provided me and it means the world to me.

Now it leaves me with today, this has been one of the most frustrating v-ball season ever in my life. I'm struggling with trying to stay positive in the Co-Ed league for Troy. It was a tough pill to swallow walking in and looking at the standings to see that where dead last. It was frustrating as yet more teams each week, keep asking me when I'm gonna start hitting. I told a lot of them that it's hard when can get the A part which is passing, so I'm not worried about my hitting stats which is the C part. Everybody sees Bill and I as the most competitive guys out there, but where the line is drawn is that he has been titled as a sore loser. Team morale was at a low point today. Some of my teammates gave up during the first game. What can I say? What can I do? This isn't my team officially but many teams have labeled it as my team. This losing thing is a new experience for me and I'm doing my best to stay positive despite it all.

Maegan and I went to the OU V-ball captain's meeting together last night. Thanks Mae for going with me. It's the first time that we are now playing 4's this semester. 5 of the last 6 semesters, the Finals have always been Joey's team vs. Titans. Now that his team, 4-Play is in the same division as we are, Sets N' Violence. However, we are not even the best team anymore. There's a new sheriff in town, in the other division. Despite being Co-Ed, Andre has allowed the Men's 4's champs over the summer play in the East Conference. When all the teams heard that, they all dropped their jaws. Everyone looked at me as if I was on crack when I asked if they could switch them into the West Conference, just so I could get a crack at them to see what they have to offer. Andre said no, so odds are that Men's team will be in the finals, while Joey and I duke it out to see who is the best in the West.

I talked to Mae already, and it still sticks out to me. I want to upgrade the team in talent. We didn't make any significant free agent signings and SpongeBob and Jane haven't played in a while. I believe Mae will have a breakout year. So what bothers me, is that we didn't get worst from last year, but did we get better? Only if I could get Courtney to play then I'd be fine. Mae's right though, "you'll have to use with what you have." Steve was surprised that I cut Lisa, because he thought was pretty good. My answer, "you're only good if you are consistent." Plus Lisa's emotions were affecting the team as well. I don't have Cindy either as she has moved on to MSU now. We came in 2nd in the winter semester, which isn't good enough for me. So with no signings, did we get better or worst? Erin gave a little pep rally tonight and she said to have fun. Fun to me is winning, I don't know how much fun it can be to lose.

Anyways only a couple of hours before I bounce out to Toronto.

Stronger

No comments: