Wednesday, November 12, 2003

Procratination, man I came into the ERL hoping to get my Art Project and ECN term paper done. I've been here for about 2 hours now and have not done anything. All I have done so far is play fantasy games. So a quick blog then I'm gonna bust some work out.

Yesterday, my old friend Dave came looking for me on campus. Dave was my very first friend that I made when I transferred into Plumbrook Elementary. We've been friends since 2nd grade and we were tight till about SHS dayz. As I continued the venue in football, b-ball, and tennis at SHS while he went to the bar/drinking road. Yet I still love him because he was my first friend. He lived down the street from me when we both lived in the Heights. We hung out like everyday, playing board games or some backyard football. My sis loved hanging out with us too when we were younger. Dave's mom, always loved my sis because she was the only girl when we hung out. Dave was the one who got me into wrestling, and I'll never forget that night that I went over to watch my very first pay-per-view event, SummerSlam. My mommy and his mom would always take turns driving us place to place. My daddy always loved talking to him because he was smarter than me, and he would come out to dinner with us in Windsor. We don't keep in contact that much because he's either busy with school, working at Lids, or drinking. But it meant a lot to me that yesterday he still looked for me to wish me a belated b-day, because I didn't think he'd still remember. I'm happy to see him graduating in April too, and I wish him the best when he gets out.

Last night, Melissa kept telling everyone in the huddle that it was the first time she has seen me smile since the season started in Troy. I think it was because I got to the gym early, Rob had the Limp that I asked for bumping over the speakers of the gym. I also spent some time alone during warm ups to just ask God for guidance and how to lead our team to victory. So everyone started laughing when I jumped into the hitting line. First time this has ever happened to me. I made my usual approach as I jumped, my right hand got caught in my tear-aways. As I was in the air, I got my hand out, and I landed with my tear-aways coming off of me. Man that was embarrassing, the suck part too is that Rob has it on tape. All in all, though I was very pumped, I'm starting to get back to my old ways of playing before coming to CBC. I was talking, hyping everyone up, throwing chest bumps to Mark, high-fiving Kelly and Erin during warm-ups. As Melissa said, "this is the most animated I've ever seen you been." It was great because we took 2 of 3 games, and everyone had a good time. I felt good, as personally I'm done with this being silent on the court thing. Before I came to CBC, one of my favorite players to study was GP, because I love how he talks to anyone and everyone to psyche people up. I felt like Ray Lewis last night, just getting the huddle pumped before the game started.

Oh Boy

No comments: