Tuesday, November 04, 2003

Miked up, that was what happened to Chris Hovan this past Sunday night. Boy I need to get miked up for my Troy games now. Here are the sound bytes of my trash talking, and it wasn't even to my opponent but towards the ref:

1) K: Hey you wanna signal and blow the whistle louder when we can actually serve!

2) K: Hey out of all the calls you called, you called too many guys on the court when he was walking off the court? There was so much other garbage you could of called on both....(cut off by ref)
Ref: Hey do you wanna call a time out to discuss this?
K: No way, it's not worth taking a time out to talk to you right now.

3) K: Hey what's this, (I put my hands in my pocket, mocking the ref), come on, how many times do I have to tell you, to blow the whistle and signal with your hand to serve!
Ref: Are you gonna keep watching me?
K: Hell yeah, I'm waiting for you to get it right!

4) On a call which was out, seen by both teams
Ref: That was out! (Both teams surprised by the call)
K (I run up to the face of the ref): You gotta be kidding me, ummm can I challenge that call, where's my red flag!
Ref: I called it out, now go back to your team.
K: That's a bullshit call, if I've ever seen one.
Ref: Hey do you wanna yellow card?
K: Yellow, red, green, just give them all to me, like I care.

5) Taunting the ref
I grabbed the ball, stood next to the ref, and whistled and signaled point for our team.
K: (whistling and signaling) Point to that team, that's how it's done ref. You blow the whistle to signal the end of a play.
Ref: Do you think you can do a better job?
K: Of course, and don't forget who is reffing your game next week.
Ref: Ok then why don't you show me.
K: Show you, I'm gonna educate you in my Reffing 101 class next week, so come on by!

6) The finisher, last game cap at 17, with the score at 16-16. Jehu set me a beauty, and I killed it right inside the 10 ft. line. My closing statement as soon as the kill was down-
K: OOOOOOOOOOOOOO (grabbing my chicken) AND ALL THE REFS HERE CAN SUCK MY COCK! As I walked off the court.

Am I sorry? Yes to God for being a poor witness, no doubt about it. Love me neighbor, yeah that didn't happen tonight. Was it fun, yes it was. Our team was encouraged from it because it motivated them even more to want to win. If there is anything that I've carried with me since my Jr. High days, is my heart. I might not be the biggest, nor fastest or whatever, but I do play with my heart and that it's bigger than a lot of others on the court. I was encouraged to see my teammates support after the initial game I blew up at them. They continued to pick me up off the court, as I continued to fly into walls, floors, and even going through/over bleachers. They even let me stay in the whole game while the rest of the team rotated around me because I wanted to just carry this team to a win. Plus, I gave both teams and the crowd a show as well with my antics with the refs. A lot of people were amazed at just how much the refs were willing to take without ejecting me from the game or at least carding me. However, I should start praying before I play each game, hmmm that might be better.

After the game, I had dinner with my relatives from San Francisco. Gosh I haven't seen them since I was like 5 or something. Can't really remember when was the last time I went to Cali. Wednesday, I get to drive them to Toronto to see our relatives over there. Plus there flight back to Cali is from Toronto. First Toledo last week, now Toronto, man I'm excited, but at the same time, I'm bummed because I'm missing out on 5:14 when it's the first time in a while that fellowship is closest to my house. Oh well, I can use the drive home from Toronto to just be alone with God.

Remix

No comments: