Thursday, November 06, 2003

Yesterday I went to Toronto, some where I haven't been this whole year. First it was the case with SARS, then it was ACA, and now finally a chance to go. My mommy called me Tuesday night after my v-ball game and made sure that I promised her that I would not do any 2 Fast 2 Furious driving to give any of my SF relatives heart attacks. As we were getting closer to there, I had all these goals that I wanted to get down there. Of course none of it was really accomplished. I didn't buy any VCD's because the movies didn't look too good, I only bought a couple of cd's. I gotta say Mel Smell's girl Yan Zi is pretty good. I didn't get a chance to hang with my boy, Howie, and my Shortay, as in his sis Sherrie. Gosh I missed them both but it was nice to chat up on the phone before they had class.

My aunt kept telling me in the car, oh yeah you gotta meet her relative's daughter. Because my aunt, is into all that hooking each other stuff, so of I course I gave the usual answer of yeah, you should hook up your sons before me. Plus, I kept telling myself, that this girl was probably everything I don't want in a girl.

My aunt asked me to take her to this Buddhist temple. I actually wanted to go in to see what it was like and to cause mischef. However, I just decided to take a nap in the car so I don't get into trouble. Then all the grown ups were playing mah jong, so instead of doing what they wanted me to do which was wait to meet their daughter, I decided to bounce. I went to cruise around and do my thing at Pacific Mall.

I come back to see what's up, and their daughter answered the door, and I was like wow, she's a cutie. I didn't talk to her, and she did the same. She was the rather shy type. We all went out to dinner, and I noticed wow she is like one the most well mannered girls I know. It wasn't till after dinner, things started rolling. The grown ups told us to go so they could play some more mah jong. Yeah, I should be miked up when she was in the car with me. It was dead silent because she's shy, and I didn't know which language I should hit her up with. I had to ask her, in canto if she speaks english. She said it's not that good and it is limited. So now I'm like great, what the G do I talk to her about. However, things started rolling along, and I spoke cantonese like I've never done before. I was like so fricking amazed with myself, that we carried a conversation for like an hour or more long, where I had to go all out cantonese. We got to know each other, and got carried some in depth convo's.

So before I left Toronto to head home, she gave me her digits. At first, I was like wow she could understand everything I say, and she could respond. However, now that I think about it, I don't think I'll call her because I feel like I've exhausted my canto vocab. She told me though that she would very much like to visit the U.S. and come to the D, so we can chill. I told her that I might actually come back in 2 weeks then to hang, and she wanted to show me this Pho place. Plus I wanna see Howie and Sherrie too.

As I left Toronto, I gave my SF relatives a hug because I probably won't see them in a while. I got a chance to say bye to Bonnie and pull her hat down :) Getting on to 401 on my own now, made me realize that this was one of the first times I didn't want to leave Toronto. Usually, I'm just like in and out of T-O because I can't think of much to do there that I actually would enjoy. Sitting at the rest area in Ingersoll though, I know that God still has a lot more in store for me in the D.

Now I sit in the ERL staring at the clock. Waiting for the season opener at OU for the pay per view matchup right away, 4-Play vs. Sets N' Violence. The Toronto trip took a lot out of me, more than I thought it would in terms of physically and emotionally. I honestly kind of feel v-balled out now, and I'm looking more towards b-ball and football. Well still have 3 hours left before the game so I guess I'm gonna go try to pump myself up for this.

Lay Your Love On Me

No comments: