Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Bud Lite - Wow, student teaching has really sucked a lot of time from me. Ya know, I've been praying really hard to Him to change my heart bout Magahay. I can feel my heart softening already because I really love my kids. I still have some knuckleheads but they are much better listeners than last year. I keep wanting to think it is because I have set the atmosphere in the classroom vs. last year when I came in halfway. Tonight was Open House, and each staff member got introduced. I was the only student teacher from the group whom the principal knew by first and last name. This was a shocker because I still believe she don't care too much bout us.

I was at Magahay from 8:15 a.m. to 9:00 p.m. today, who said teachers have it easy? Afterwards, Darrin our 1st grade teacher whom I love chatting with, threw out the idea of going to the bar to relax. So Ashley and I went to represent the student teachers with the rest of the staff. It was kind of intimidating for me because I had to sit across from the principal. After a while, it was all fun and games and I could be myself. My principal kept buying everyone all shots, and tryin to get me to drink my 3 shots. But I continued to pass it off to Darin and it was cool though because she kept callin me by my first name. So it was actually fun, going out with some of the staff and having some laughs. I mean we were at the bar for 2 hours just chilling and I just feel more comfy with the Magahay staff. Of course, Lamchops was not there so maybe I have been isolated this whole time? maybe not?

I'm really starting to like teaching at Magahay, and the guys love it when I play football with them. Shane came up to me and told me it's nice havin a QB who can throw the long ball vs. Lamchops dump offs. So far so good at Magahay, and Praise Him for softening my heart. I also just got hired for another job too! He continues to bless me with so many opportunities that I love doing! I am not getting paid to scout Girls JV games for Berkley High School, which I love doing for myself anyways. I also got offered a job to coach 9th grade b-ball but I turned that down. I also spoke with Suga Mama today was a sub at Magahay today which was pretty cool!

Chubby's

No comments: