Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Psylocke - Eh, I figured I might as well shoot out a quick entry before I take a nap. Gosh I am so behind in the paper work for school. On the flip side, I am ahead of my lesson plans though. Anyways back to what I was thinkin bout with this past Sunday's KUMC worship. The last time I went to worship at KUMC had to be bout over a year ago. I remember I did not enjoy the message too much because their wasn't too much biblical teaching nor support through the message. What frustrates me is how on the flipside people enjoy hearing those types of messages. It's like dude the Bible, it's The Truth, but peeps often prefer those nursey rhymes type of deals. Which is why I hate it when peeps knock on CBC's messages.

Anyways, back to T-Hope's worship the blessing was hearing Cass Community Ambassador's sharing their testimonies. A lot of these guys came from being drug addicts, and homeless growin up in the D. Now, you can tell God is in control of their lives and just their passion to sing for God. However, T-Hope happen to have a guest speaker for this Sunday's worship. The speaker is the leader of CCA, Rev. Faith Fowler, yes a woman. Once she started preachin, I was already irked I mean 1 Timothy or was I the only one to catch that? Then she misread the passage, I just wanted to stand up and correct her bout Matt. 25 that sheep are on the right and goats are on the left, not vice versa. Her message was disappointing too because it seemed like she does not have too much hope/faith in what she is saying. It seemed like she was asking everyone to do just a lil but not put in 100% full effort.

Lastly, this had to be by far the shortest message for me because it lasted probably 10 minutes if even that. I mean she read the verse, then transformed to Mother Goose by spitting out human analogies and her own stories for her sermon. I was so close to just standing up and tryin to check the integrity of this message. It seemed like everyone enjoyed the fairy tales she had to spit out. I felt like I was sittin and listening to a Joyce Meyers wanna be at the pulpit. He knows her heart, but is it just me or something ain't right here?

Charisma

No comments: