Friday, April 07, 2006


Team Anger Management & CGC/HPBC ready or not here I come

Midway - What can I say, the b-ball games on tonight were great! Pistons vs. Heat, and Lakers vs. Nuggets, and now I am lookin forward to playin Team Anger Management this Saturday. My sellout from CGC is now talkin trash too, so it's like don't sing it just bring it. Funniest comment tonight on TNT was from Charles Barkley "Oh HELL no we showin the Knicks!"

I was called in to sub for 1st grade last night and I decided to give it a chance again. I was hesitant at first because of the school, West U. Out of all the schools, I heard about their rep in terms of the student environment. I grew up in this area back in my Apple Grove days out here so if ya want this would be considered the inner city of the U. Nonetheless, I took the 1st grade subbing job and I'm tellin ya I just have no patience for 1st grade.

The frickin tattling was pissing me off, it's like 1 minute of silence then the next 10 minutes would be each kid shoutin my name about all the stupidest things in the world. I had a cool bond with a couple of students though Cassy and Ari who made my day easier. Seriously, I just wanted to slap a couple of these students around.

What's worst is the teacher I subbed for, left these freakin vague lesson plans. First time ever as a sub, that I had to check papers. Yet she doesn't tell me how to correct them, and of course no seatin chart. Why do teachers insist on not leavin a seatin chart for subs? Then I have to spend my time makin one for myself so I don't just say "Hey you." A staff member told me that the teacher was retiring after this year, and I could see why, she could put a lil more effort in the plans. No more 1st grade for me from now on! I must be out of my mind to teach this summer's VBS 1st, 2nd, and 3rd grade, in the end all for the glory of God.

Avenger

No comments: