Tuesday, April 03, 2007

King - No pics today, so many things to talk about like Wrestlemania 23, CBC, or Vegas/SF trip. However, today I decided to dedicate this entry to my running mate on the CBC A Team backcourt with me. This past Monday, my friend Aaron was killed in a drive-by shooting and he was just an innocent bystander, just at the wrong place at the wrong time. Today was the funeral in the D and I'm glad that the other CBC guys came out for it too.

It is just so unreal to me because 2 days before he was murdered we were joking around together at CBC once b-ball was done. It's wierd because it just seemed like yesterday he was at my hotel door for CCUC talkin/listening to the battle plans. It seemed like a minute ago that we were all at Outback laxin and eatin like crazy. My Fishy's fondest memory was when he kept gettin the Technical Foul sign by the ref for her first CCUC visit.

As I said goodbye to him for the last time today, it was only fitting that his CBC jersey was neatly folded in his casket. I always look forward to playin against him because he was a fighter on the court. He wouldn't back down from anyone, and I'd go to battle with this guy anyday. He was a great friend because he never put down others. I keep tellin myself that God is in control of this, but it just gets hard knowing that he's not next the other starting guard with me or the guy that I see talkin trash with his bro, just so I could get a laugh at there brotherly love for each other. I had my eyes watery, as I told Tootie and Rob we gotta keep this thing going for Aaron. He would of wanted it that way. In His time, God heals all wounds and I know in my heart that it will take some time for me and prayers for others to do the same.

R.I.P.
Aaron McAdoo
1985-2007
#24

No comments: