Tuesday, December 17, 2002

Finally this semester has come to an end and where the GG is Melissa she was suppose to meet me at the KL as soon as she finished. I had a nice time of finishing the 97 question exam in less than 45 minutes. I woke up early to study as well but gosh it was like soooo boring that I just layed on the couch. Now I can relax over my break right? Wrong, their is still soooo much of God's ministries to be done and I can't believe to even imagine that He is using me in all these ways. What the chicken, now Melissa finally gets here. Wow it took her 2 hours to finish that exam compared to my world record time. Anyways going back to what I was saying, I mean it's like the sports ministries are pretty much up to me to be the one who keeps things going while the outreach committee is gone on vaction/work. Then their's trying to lead the 5-1-4, along with serving at the Chrismas Eve Service. These are just to name a few things but man may I be remind of 2 Cor. 4:5? I think it was about relying on God's power and not of my own. It's too bad that I didn't get the vacation that everyone else is getting, but hey I get to serve, learn, and grow in Him even more.

Last night I finally figured out which team I was playing for, the team name was Altair. The first thing I walked and noticed at Boulan was wow I'm the shortest and youngest player in this league now, the net is at men's height, and is that Rob D standing over there? This league is pretty fun, I like the fact that we play 5 games up to 25 points rally scoring. So how did I do, well my first thought about this team was, wow these guys stink but how in the world are they in first. So the first game I played like crap because it's been a while since I had to hit on a men's net, I kept hitting it into the net. As the game progressed, I played at my usual level but I didn't have to play any higher than just being normal as in my opinion I didn't need to go S.S. It was funny because one of my teammates Charlie kept getting pissed at me for running a couple of quicks. Why was he mad, because he said the team is not use to my flashiness on offense and let's stick to the game plan of running a simple 4-2. Later, the captain Phil came up to me and apologized to me for them not being world class players. Later Charlie got even madder at me when I called a timeout because we were up by 12 and our lead was cut to 3. He was mad and told the team not to get into the huddle with me, but hahah even his own teammates didn't want to listen to him and they listened to what I had to say in the huddle while Charlie just isolated himself on the court. Then Charlie got mad again at me when I didn't take the 2nd ball, and I was like uhh hey stupid am I the setter? However I decided to yell at the setter for not calling help and that it's not my fault that he is slow and unable to get the pass, plus it wasn't even me who shanked that pass. Phil and Kevin had to pull me back as I just chewed out Charlie. Gosh I wish I was playing against him, so I can go S.S. and make him eat my Air Force Ones. Anyways so after the 5 games, Rob asked me in a sarcastic way of how were my setters? Kevin thought when I did set, that I was the best setter on the team, wow imagine that? But it's too bad that I was the best hitter on the team as well. The team we were playing against, had this one guy I'd called greenie because he had all green on was getting pissed at his own teammates for their mistakes like he was Mr. Perfect or something. So you had to love this, when he tried to kill it over me and I just stuffed him and the ball came straight down on his side. My reaction, stare down baby as he should shut his mouth too and that he isn't the best player on his team, plus I thought it was mean especially when he was kept yelling at their oldest player on the team, that was uncalled for, hence my stare down block was for them.

Well that's it for today, if you're reading this please take a minute to pray that the Holy Spirit will work within me tonight during v-ball sharing. I need to jet because I got this thing called a hair cut, so I look slick this Saturday for the v-ball tournament, and then lunch with Lindsay! Yay I haven't hung out with her in sooooo long it seems like.

California Dreamin'

No comments: