Friday, December 20, 2002

So today was the official start of my winter break, but again I ask it is really a break for me? Break from school, yes but from God's Will never. I had a great time of fellowship of lunch with David D. It was just amazing that we could just spend time and pray together over CBC's needs. It's funny how the Spirit is giving me the same thoughts along with other CBC leaders as well. I pretty much spent the rest of the day shopping for the first time, better late than never right. As I was walking through Somerset, I still can't get over the fact that it's been about 3 years now since my incidents with some of my supposed closest high school friends. As I kept walking around, I just decided to leave because of some of the painful memories there. Honestly, I felt kind of alone today and these incidents made me in the past unable to trust people. I bought some things for myself to kind of cheer me up so to say, but ya know it's just material things that come and go. I finally bought this book at FCS, and it talks about how to deal with contemporary issues using the Bible. So I can't wait to dive in that, purchasing that lifted my spirit up a little.

And I came home in time to watch the Survivor finale, which I predicted right that Brian was gonna win. But it is something that Ken said about integrity. And I still remember the lesson about integrity I learned last year in BSF. And a couple of things that hit me of what Maragret taught this past Sunday. One of them was how she had a particular weakness and she kept working on it so that it doesn't appear as much. Now I know I have my weaknesses but I continue to do my best to work on them. What really bothered me today is how some people have certain weaknesses but it's like they use it as an excuse sometimes now because it's been their habit or it's like you gotta expect that from them. I dunno where I'm going with this, but as for integrity, I just hope like Ken said, all I can hope for is when I leave is to have my integrity.

I guess I've been letting my frustrations get the better of me. I think a nice read, would be to dive into Hosea because it's just amazing what he does. Anyways, I guess I just need to focus on this Saturday's tournament as the 5-1-4 will be looking to rocking the house. if only I knew where we are playing still? And now, I've been put back on the grill for b-ball from my cousin. As he's got me in some sort of 3 on 3 game for $$$$, just another day in the office I guess.

Take Me Back To Heaven

No comments: