Monday, December 09, 2002

This weekend has been a week of frustrations and a time of growing as well. Saturday morning b-ball was our last time to practice as a team before Stan leaves for Hong Kong. I'm starting to understand how Rick Carlise feels now, how the team keeps winning but yet their are still soooo many mistakes. It's like when you win the mistakes are overshadowed because of the victory but when you lose the mistakes become very evident. I'm glad that Rich was there for me Saturday night to just listen to me because it's just frustrating to see that we as a team don't even have the fundamentals down yet. It was only like a month ago that we were all geared up to practice as a team and win this tournament. And now it's like yeah we're blowing every single team at Saturday morning so we'll be ok at the tournament. I mean do people not realize that the talent is totally different from that of the MSU tournament. It pisses me off when I'm getting blind sided by picks because it shows my teammates don't even talk. The last tournament I kept getting blind sided and one time I was knocked to the floor, I remember after the game, Sam was nice enough to wrap my ribs with a bag of ice. We need a coach to mold us together, and I wouldn't mind if someone got in my face to push me harder. Because I made a lot of stupid mistakes by going to fancy and again I'm glad that Rich and Rich (that sounds funny) always pull me aside to talk to me if they thought I could of done something different to run the offense.

Then there was yesterday, another great day of worship. Ya know one thing that sucks about us as in human kind, is that we all carry that sense of pride or that sense of we know it all type of mentality. One thing that trully humbles me, is being in Chris's Sunday School because it talks about discipline. Now you would figure this would be a class full of teenagers because the younger you are majority of the time you are more immature. However this class is full of middle aged adults and it's just amazing how even at that age, they all want to grow and develop a stronger committment to Christ, it's just trully amazing. I had to pray hard the week before the new Sunday School quarter started because I didn't know where to go. I wanted to go to Fred's class because I love how he teaches and I love the book of Phil. However then there's dicipline taught by Chris, and I could just feel the Holy Spirit speaking to me saying that I've lost control of my spiritual walk and I need to regain it. I've been faced with many types of temptations especially at OU and it's tough, and sometimes I've let those temptations get the better of me while the other time I get the better of it. So hopefully with this new Sunday School, I can develop a stronger walk with God again to go up against those temptations. Gosh I can't remember where it is in Paul's letters, but I want people to follow Christ like I do.

Also I'm thankful for the time I spent with Cecilia yesterday. Actually as I was pulling into her place, I had flashbacks of when I first came to CBC, and she helped me out around this time of year by helping me going Christmas shopping. And she was there for me my freshman year at SVSU to help me with my paper, and just like last night she was there for me again helping me with my B.S. paper I mean P.S. paper :) I'm glad that God has called her back to CBC and to serve Him once again.

Gosh it's amazing how many great songs are on this Ekin cd.

Live For The Moment

No comments: