Tuesday, February 04, 2003

Wow yesterday, I can't believe I was able to be sooo productive. But after MTE, now I'm back down to reality again, gosh school stinks. So last night the table was set at OU, all eyez on probably what will be the finals this semester for v-ball, Titans vs. Grone. The game had every type of emotion that you can think of, the first game started off horrible for us. I was talking to Meagan during pre-game warm ups of how to set the rotation and their was 2 ways that we could of gone about it. So the first game we tried it and it ended up to be our downfall, plus the fact it didn't seem like we were mentally prepared. So Joey did a good job in leading his team to a 1 - 0 lead against. So Game 2 begins, and this time everyone was focused and we tried the 2nd lineup which worked out much better and it ended up to be a blowout from us, which tied the series 1 - 1 in the best of 5. Then came Game 3, we stayed the same and they adjusted their lineup because Melissa's serving was too much for them in Game 2 and they had 2 weak passers in Game 2, so Game 3 it was a dog fight with leads changing back and forth throughout the whole game. In the end, our team came out on top to give us a 2 - 1 lead. So Game 4 started and Joey got his team fired up pretty well as they took a commanding 9 point lead. But with 2 minutes left to go in the whole series, they were up 20 - 11.

So the question on my mind was, should I of told Lisa to hit the net on her serve so they could get the point for rally, which would be 21 - 11. Because if we did that then it would leave us a good amount of time to try to take the series in Game 5. Or should we of tried to go for the win in Game 4, trying to play mistake free? So we opted to continue to play Game 4 out and Lisa was leading the come back. She brought us back at 20 - 16 with 26 seconds left in the series. So they called a timeout to shake her up, but we played out one long volley which gave them the point in the end because we shanked a pass. So with 3 seconds left, Brandon asked us if we wanted to play the 5th game out with only 3 seconds left meaning pretty much do or die, or just call the game a tie at 2 - 2. I wanted to play the 3 seconds left for the 5th game because their's nothing better than a good pressure game when everything counts. But everyone else wanted to take the tie so Joey and I agreed to take the tie.

However I didn't view the game as a tie but more of a lost. Because Joey's team wanted to win more, you could tell, they were just more hungrier than we were. I mean they haven't won the championship in 2 semesters now. I again gotta say the lost is on me, I should of went S.S. I thought this year's team was strong enough where I can hold back, and you could tell Joey was not holding back but as the games went on his energy was dropping off. Another thing was Joey's team is probably the best defensive team in the league, they play their positions well. I wish our game was on tape so our girls can see where they should be on defense. The teams were even too, we were missing Stan, Nick, and Jane so the same amount of people were allowed on the court to play. What was frustrating was because we couldn't pass at certain stretches of the game, and so I kept taking majority of everyone's passes. It was hard to play because now I learned that Lisa has a medical condition, so I believe everytime she was on the court she was hurting the team. So do I ask her to take some time off from the game to let her get head back together again? I mean she is the best overall girl on our team but I'd rather have her straighten out her life first. I'm glad that Maegan and Cindy are gonna spend some time with her to see how she is doing. Then their's the setting part, I mean SpongeBob is an average setter at best. Our team lacks awareness when it comes down to it defensively and when one of them is setting. When their was good passing to Sponger she'd either put it too tight or too far away, gosh that was so frustrating. But again this game was intense as that's what everyone watching kept saying, it was like a tennis match Joey vs me after each take turns killing, then it was Joey's friend vs. Mike go back and forth.

Then afterwards as I was getting ready to go to Boulan. I asked this one girl why isn't she starting for Vertically Challenge? I mean this girl was fairly big but she played in the finals last year with Mike, and she has a great set of hands if the pass is there. Plus I believe she is one of the top 5 girls in the league and I thought she hooked up with VC. She told me as they were playing that they told her that they didn't need her on the team no more and that they are set. I was like what the G, because they let her play last week but now they cut their best girl and told her all that bullshit. I felt bad for her because as I was talking to her, her eyes began to water. I mean that's not right, you let her play with you one week then you cut her the next week. I could understand if she sucked but dude she's the real deal. Anyways because of this, I have decided to take out this out on VC next week. Praise the Lord that this will give me extra motivation to play hard next week. Hopefully tonight their will be a good competition because for the past month now, I haven't play at Tuesday night as hard as I want to due to the setup. But I can definitely tell my level of play has dropped off because of it. It's time to play The Game.

All The Things She Said

No comments: