Friday, August 08, 2003

Last night after fellowship at Cougie's place, their was yet another 2 Fast 2 Furious action on 696. So here I am driving a cool 70 mph, and I look to my right to see this Mustang racing along thinking he's a hot shot. So I drive along next to him to see what he wants to do. He lets me pass him, and I'm thinking ok we're racing at a slow 83 mph here. Next thing you know, he accelerates hard past me, and when he was next to me, he revved his car to get the vroom sound as he passes me. So I start laughing because now I know the race is on. And off we go, side by side at 100 mph seeing who can make it first to the left lane since it was the only lane open without a car. And we have a winner, the sleek looking 2004 Grand Prix GTP getting by at 110 mph and leaves the Mustang stuck in the pack of cars. His car was built for show while this GTP was built to go.

Well tomorrow is the last day of the Canton camp, man I miss Irene already. She is sooooo cute and soooo smart. Today was a nice day for a field trip since I got to run the show. It also reminded me of how much do I love my kids. I am hoping that those who went to VBS will come to know the Lord. Man I really wanted to get a chance to go to the face painting today. Connie and Christy are so lucky. Yay, Christy signed up for the Art program, she is so cute with her little bubble cheeks and rabbit teeth. Don't worry Eric, my boy I'll be there tomorrow along with the rest of my kids. Don't worry either Jennifer, if you want to go to to CAC worship then I'll be there too. These kids don't realize how much God is using them in my life to keep me strong. That's why I believe that I can get through this weekend, starting with b-ball, Birch Run, soccer game against EMU, then Sunday the Korean Independence Day Tournament. No distractions to bog me down, only what I deem are my 3 focuses at this point in my life. With one of them being God at the very top, it's all good like my boy Emoy said.

Too Close

No comments: