Friday, August 01, 2003

We took the kids to the African-American Museum and Belle Isle. The museum was ok, but I did appreciate the history lesson. Belle Isle was ok too, it just didn't seem like we stayed that long. I rode the Giant Slide 3 times! The whole time I kept wondering which one of my kids were gonna get hurt.

As I was leaving work today, Tracy made me realize that our 6 weeks at ACA is over. She was happy, while I was kind of down, it just seemed like everything went by so fast this summer. I still wish I had some time to reflect back about my trip to NY or the CBC Retreat. However, next week is where camp is moved to Canton. I won't get to see all of the kids, so I may be sad tomorrow because I have to say good bye to a lot of them of whom I've grown attached to.

Today, Ling Ling wrote her chinese name on my arm. I kind of like these little tattoos now because I believe looking at it, just gives me a warm feeling. I believe God uses these kids to give me strength for myself when I'm down or I just want to give up.

Last night, some of us had some ice cream. The topic road rage, this morning as I was driving down 696, I'm thinking yes I will be early and I was still able to go to Tim Horton's. However, as I got about to get on to the ramp, my car came to a screeching halt. I kept wondering what the G is going on because all traffic usually stops at 8 mile. So I quickly, or rather slowly exited on to 8 mile. I kept thinking yup I'm cool, just zip through on the service drive and come back down to 75 after 7 mile. The reason is because traffic on 75 usually flows after the merger rather than before. However, dang it the ramp to 75 was closed on the service drive. Eventually this little scenic route I had taken took me out to Davison, so of course I was late for work by a couple of minutes. Now I find out, from Thumbs it was due to an accident which only opened up one lane on 75. Errr, this whole week has been filled with car accidents every time I drive to work. I had two accidents on Tuesday alone which backed up traffic along M-53 freeway. As soon as I got on 696, what do ya know, another accident this time at Dequindre. People need to like ride the bus or something to work.

I went to Boulan today to play some 2's. Dang it, went on the wrong week due to the Jambalya, only doubles that were a challenge were the Samoan Brothers. Oh well, Rob invited me to play on Sundays because only selected players get to play in that one. Anyone wanna go to test your skillz?

Southside

No comments: