Tuesday, August 19, 2003

You are Triple H
You are Triple H


Which WWE Wrestler are you?
brought to you by Quizilla

Thanks Emoy, this is the best quiz I've taken so far.

I have gotten lazy in the morning the past few days. Why? Because I've been sleeping through the morning and waking up at times like this now. So today I will get more than one thing done dang it! First I want to do to what it seems will be my last entry for a while. My sis as we speak is on her way home from Myrtle Beach, so I'll only have her computer for another 24 hours. So I'll be using that time burning as many cd's as possible. I really love the fact that I am able to use a semi-reliable computer and the thought of buying my own computer is becoming more and more of a reality when I return from Chicago.

So it seems like everyone is talking about the Blackout. I pretty much guessed right on those who couldn't stand it and those who didn't mind. The blackout happened at 4:15 p.m. and I was talking to Howard on the phone about some of the v-ball tournaments coming up. Then boom it struck, I didn't think too much of it, so I decided to take a nap. 5:30 I woke up and saw that the power was still out so I went to Ray's to find out what was going on. Their family filled me in, and I was so excited what was going on. I drove around the block to see how everything was going. I didn't have much gas left, so I sucked out the remaining gas in the lawn mower to give me enough for anywhere. I called my parents first to see if they were ok, and they were super because it didn't affect them. They still had everything, so with little gas remaining I took a huge risk. I drove up there, and reloaded on things like gas and food. I brought food down to my family because they suffered just like everyone else. Other than power, I felt like I was prepared for whatever had happened. No power, no biggie to me because I don't need lights, I have candles, no AC, big whoop, I don't use it anyways.

At nite, the whole street was black, and a lot of neighbors stayed at each other's houses because they had generators. A lot of neighbors walked around with their flashlights at nite. What did I do at nite? I crept around, like I was playing Commando, and scared a lot of my neighbors. I hid around trees watching them walk by me, and I would throw a pebble, just to hear them say "what was that?" while shining their flashlight. I stood behind another one just to say boo, and scare him. Man if only I had water balloons, this is just like capture the flag, but more fun, the neighborhood vs. me.

Blackout 2003, what a fun time it was. I was listening to the Christian Radio station during the blackout, and it was talking about sponsoring a kid in a 3rd world country. This is what they said:

"In midst of the blackout, you hear people complaining about how they can't survive without their AC for only a few hours. Well you have kids whom you can sponsor for $28 a month who don't have AC ever."

How sad, that is true for us who take things for granted and don't realize how much we have.

Da Playmaka

No comments: