Sunday, August 03, 2003

Well I'm home early today from worship, and actually that's a good thing. I got to take a 2 hour nap so now I feel a little refreshed. I feel as if I've been drained lately of energy due to my flu/fever. Dang it, I feel like I caught this from Tracy and Steph. What sucks is that I gotta wake up butt early to make a 2 hour drive this whole week to go to work. Man, my last week of work and I'm bummed by that too.

Friday, I woke up and bam I knew I was sick. It was hard for me today at work because I knew I won't see some of my kids again till next year or maybe never again. I've always done my best to separate myself from the rest of the pack. All I want to do, is always to try and be the best. Well, friday at work, my boss pulled me aside to tell me that I am the best. That meant a lot to me, but at the same time I felt like if I am, than I failed myself in meeting my own expectations as a counselor. I can't wait till Day Camp starts again tomorrow at Canton now.

I got off of work at around 6:30, and I decided to stay in the D. I never realized that some of my Day Camp kids, all go to the same church around the neighborhood. So at 7:00 I decided to attend CAC's worship. Joy and Rachel's mom, showed me around their church, and it made me appreciate our building of CBC even more. I totally felt God's prescence there tonight and the beginning of something special.

Saturday, was the KUMC tournament. First off I just want to say is that, Jesus does miracles because I ran into Ken Cho. Dude, I used to hate that kid's guts with a passion along with the rest of the SHS. However, I saw him playing v-ball and I kept thinking, I wonder if he is saved? Hopefully he will be there this Sunday at the Korean Independence Day Tourny for me to keep in touch with. Going back to the v-ball tournament, back to back champs! YCF rules, it just sucked that I didn't feel like I contributed much other than bad passes.

Now, that leaves only 2 more Korean tournaments left, as some of us go for the trifecta. The Independence Day is this Sunday, Aug. 10th, and I'm excited for what Nectar has proposed for this tournament. We play 4 against 6 or 9 depending what rules we play by. Nectar wants to keep this team to be as much Korean as possible now as well. It feels wierd being the lone Chinamen there, but oh well free bulgogi for me. Plus this is the only tournament that I can play in, where I can wake up 5 minutes before the tourny starts and still be there on time! Anyone wanna jump in on this good Korean food and festivities along with supporting the Korean & China United Team, drop me a dime.

3-D

No comments: