Monday, August 11, 2003

What a weekend it was, first it's still a little hard for me to know that, when I go into ACA tomorrow, that I won't see my kids but to just pack up my things.

Saturday, well b-ball was b-ball. I went to go buy my parent's some of things they had asked me to bring to them. What do you know, I run into 2 of my kids at the store! I ran into Elizabeth who attended my baseball field trip, and then I saw Yutong, one of the few I had yet to still beat in chess. Seeing these two, that God had place gave me the strength to prepare for what was ahead of me. Which was the Zion United vs. EMU soccer game. I was nervous because I haven't played with Zion United for such a long time and had only been playing with my day camp kids. We started strong, then it was pretty much over as EMU kept attacking. Well it helped that our goalie couldn't clear the ball. I had the opening assit, and a nice one to that as I was able to just lob it right over everyone right into Stephen's foot to put it away. Then my second assist was a beauty too, by taking it in the air and passing it quickly to whom people called Ronaldo. The only frustrating part of the day was that our team kept getting intimidated by the size of the other team and would back off. Gosh dang it, I can't understand a word what Jacky says to me sometimes too. As the game kept progressing I noticed something wrong in my stride. I let Stephen take a look at it, and it appeared that I pulled something in the groin area. That was frustrating too, knowing that I can't run as hard as I wanted to.

So last night I slept with a heating pad on that area. Woke up this morning, popped in a couple of pain killers, did some stretching and I was good to go for the Korean Independence Day Tourny. Here are some quotes from the tourny:

Some girl lined up against Stan:"I don't want to go up against Yao Ming.!"

Howie on Heuy Yon?: "Boy that guys is gonna hurt somebody"

Stan after the first round: "Gosh I waited 5 hours for that!"

Yes, this tournament started very slow, so slow that I could of went to CBC Worship, Sunday School, ate lunch, and take a nap before everything got under way. This year they switched up the order of the events. So yeah, the first round game was us sweeping, some Korean team with the scores 15-2 and 15-3. 2nd game was against KPC, they were a little stronger than last week, but in the end we swept them too. I was just satisfied that we beat last year's champ so I have the bragging rights this year against Peter.

Finally, the conference finals, in which we all thought this game should of been the final. Why because this game had probably the best hitter at the tournament Huey Yon. You had crowds and crowds of people just to watch 7th Day vs. YCF. This game went to a split entering a 3rd game. We all knew we had to pull out all the stops and it was time to go take it to another level, SS 3. Howie kept feeding me because I kept killing it with no one that I felt good stop me. I heard Heuy Yon telling Yong to delay his block against me because I kept swinging after I see both their blocks. Once I heard that, it was on, because I kept swinging quicker to change up my timing. Howie's comment on one of my kills "Man, all I saw was a pound of dirt fly up." We had a double block on Huey Yon, but he kept going through us. So it was time for the triple block, and yay I roofed him twice. But man can he just flat out kill the ball, we had our probs though I must say. I had a couple more roofers, and YCF as a team, all turned it up a notch with Howie firing up everybody. This indeed was the finals because by the time the game was over, their was nothing but craters left on both sides of the net.

Unfortunately, we had to play one last game which was the finals against team U of M. On paper their team looked strong, but like Howie called it, "a few big blocks against them and they'll tank." This game went to a third game, but we knew that was because we almost had deja vu, and had that let down. Well not this year, before that 3rd game, Howie, Bill, and I tried to fire everyone up to avoid last year. Everyone knew what they had to do, and again turned it up a notch, and when the dust cleared, YCF was left standing.

It was fun, getting the gold medal and our team won 3 sacks of rice. I wanted to trade one in for instant noodles. Throughout the day, when I was playing, I kept looking up in the sky, just seeing a picture perfect moment of the sun, in the clouds, in a beautiful sky blue setting. Seeing God's creation was amazing, and with the thoughts of my kids, kept me going.

Right now, it feels like my right shoulder just wants to fall off. However, as soon as I got home, I got 2 emails from my Lil' Lynn. This day could not of been any better. Also she kept leaving me messages on my AIM. This team we had today is probably one of the best that we've put together, either that or we all played our best. Passing was just excellent, their were hardly any shanks, coverage was as good as it could get with 5 people, setting was just money, and hitting was great, especially Chris who had some unbelievable angle shots. I need to learn how he hits that type of angle. Hopefully we can go for the hat trick next week if their is a tourny down in A2.

Bad Boy

No comments: