Saturday, August 09, 2003

Today was it, my last day for this summer's ACA Camp. The quote of the day from my boss:

Boss: "Hey you didn't cry this year, yay, you got tougher this year"

I believe I didn't cry well at least physically cry is because this year I have tried to do a lot more to be able to be wit my kids. Like I said from the beginning, I do this job strictly for the pure love of the kids, I don't care how much I get paid. I don't get paid for my overtime, nor doing a lot of the side tasks, just for the love of my kids. I lift my praises up to God, for truly giving me a pure heart for these kids. He's also opened up so many doors for me to stay close to the kids as well as a new beginning in my life.

After a long day of work till 6:30, I decided to go to CAC for worship and to be with some of my kids once again. I enjoyed everything and once again I thank You for making it possible. I loved how I was welcomed by the high school girls because I don't really talk to them, that right there meant a lot to me. I helped out Ray in leading the kids in a study on Acts 4. Afterwards, I worked with Christy in trying to memorizing the first 22 books of the Bible. There was so much joy when she finally was able to get all 22 books down, again it's all because of God. We then sung praise songs to God with the high school girls leading. We did a couple of the VBS songs, and to see Rachel, Joy, Christy, Jennifer, and Connie able to do it and having fun with it, was a heavenly moment for me because I just could not describe this feeling. We had free time, and Yutong wanted me to do Kung-Fu from what we learned this year, with him. He said that I was the best and wanted me to help him correct his form and practice. As things were coming to an end, Ray and I got a chance to talk about different Biblical issues. I thank God for putting those people in my life to help me grow, because God was able to use me to help Ray see things in a different way. I thank The Holy Spirit for continuously helping me memorize my Bible verses/passages to back up my points.

I finally got home around 11:30 and checked my email. What did I see? I received an email from Irene already!!! I learned today that Irene and Eric are brothers and sisters, yeah I'm slow on things. Irene shared with me her info and asked for mine in return. I love Irene, she's so cute and smart. Then their's Lynn, well now I call her Lil' Lynn because of her size and her shyness which makes her so cute. Lil' Lynn always keeps following Irene like an older sister.

I thank You Lord for putting all these trials in my life. These trials all were about different ways in testing my patience. But just like it is said in Scripture, love overcomes all because God is love. I love my kids, and it means a lot to me that they look at me as their role model. I don't want to let them down or God. The theme song for this Sunday's v-ball tournament will be, I See Right Through To You.

MJ Commercial: What is love?

No comments: