Wednesday, September 08, 2004

CCUC, yes I'm back from Chicago yet I feel empty handed with a 2nd place trophy. The past couple of days, I've received a lot of congrats on our 2nd place finish. However, is it just me but man I'm disappointed with 2nd place. I mean nobody remembers 2nd place. In the end, CCUC deserved it more because I believed they outplayed us and they made their shots when it counted. Hats off to them, and to their fallen team member.

It was nice to talk to Congo and the rest of his team afterwards. They each came up to me individually, to say that they admire the heart that I play this game with. Their strategy was to knock me around, but I kept coming back at them. Boy did I feel like I was in the WWE Royal Rumble game with them. It was nice to chat with them and earn their respect as well, and I look forward to the next time I face them.

Let's see what else happened in Chicago? Well I got to see Joyce and Ben's new place, two totally different extremes of living space. I made a lot of new friends at CCMC with Jarter at their BBQ. I even got a chance to meet Tiff, Jarter's girl and his lil sis, Jenny. Jenny is so cute and I praise God for the fellowship that Jarter and I have. I spent some time going back to CCUC on Sunday talking to Bing and others, while looking forward to next year. I can't believe I spent $40 at Bennigans! Congrats to Bao as well, I look forward to seeing it in 2 years. What's cool was seeing a CBC Finals and that all the teams CBC sent all placed too! You gotta love that Red Rover Defense :) What was disappointing was seeing how weak the A Co-Ed division was this year, although thank goodness the B division provided some entertaining games. Gotta love our hotel rooms too!

It's the company though, that makes me miss the city of Chicago already. I feel like making a road trip back very soon just to visit everybody. Come to think of it, it seems like we're trading people Chicago to Detroit and vice versa.

C.C.U.C. Horse # 18

No comments: