Wednesday, September 15, 2004

It happened again today, the class's attention turn to me. I love FE 215 with Prof. Pipan! I mean we have class outside, and there is no homework. All we do is discuss about whatever topic we feel like talkin bout. Today's topic was about what makes us sad, and what makes us happy. We had to write it down and share about it to the whole class. We finished the 2nd half of class talking bout what makes us happy/joy. Danielle read mine to the class because I just didn't feel like reading :) Prof. Pipan noticed how expressive I was about my faith. Then we got in a really good discussion about God, does He exist, do things really happen for a reason, or why do bad things happen? For the most part, I kept my mouth shut because everyone was so dang opinionated I wanted to hear where each person was coming from. I heard some Catholic, Jewish, and Buddhist views as others shared their faith. One girl, pretty much stated that she has no hope on anything. Now whether you believe in God or not, I kept thinking sheesh you're gonna be the future educator of tomorrow? As class was ending, everyone turned their heads back to me because everyone wanted to hear what I had to say in terms of faith and my perspective. I flat out told peeps that I had a lot to say but first I need to speak with a couple of individuals to completely understand what they were saying. And I agreed with Josh that either you believe that things happen for a reason or you don't as others tend that it was a gray area. I look forward to next class, as we continue this discussion!

Ok, so tonight I feel like my shoulder is hanging by a thread. I was really peeved today at v-ball! Our net is labeled the "competitive" level or top flight and some lower level players came on. I can understand if they didn't know, or if some of the higher level people get upset due to their lack of fundamentals. However, I questioned some of them when they asked them to leave depending on the tone. What pissed me off even more were those that I felt don't even belong at the top flight net, telling the lower level players to leave.

Which leads me to this, I played with a new guy today named Mike. He is by far the best player there and one of the strongest that I've seen around this area. I can't wait to see this guy at his true power form. However, this guy was just so fricking condescending on our team to specific teammates. His comments to some of the guys on our team, only dug them deeper in the tank. Then there's Michelle, I'll say it flat out in this manner, his hoe. She's a pretty decent player, but I've played with better females than her. She only adds to the discouragement to half of our teammates. I mean, some of them had their heads down and you're gonna kick a guy even lower? Mike comes off as if he is the god of v-ball by ripping off his shirt. I just hope the next week when we meet again that I'm playing against him. I wanna get the first crack at him before Tao or Z even think about it. Mike is such a strong player as I've gone up against, but I know I can't fail because it burns inside me the feelings of those people he has hurt.

My Time


No comments: