Tuesday, March 18, 2003

This past weekend was a great learning experience for me. It was a true blessing to be able to go to the MCBC conference, and people keep asking me how was it. My responses have been of 2 ways, I would either say it was fun because it was. Or I would say that their isn't really word to describe it, much like God, I mean He is just so great and loving that it is just so hard to think of so many words to describe Him. It was a blessing to play Big 2 till like 3 a.m. friday night with Enoch, Brian, and Rich. Plus Pastor Larry was laying the smackdown on Michelle about women's role :) This conference was blessed with 3 great speakers including GP B, such as Pastor Hsueh, and Pastor Peoples. I really learned a lot from them about what they spoke of. I met a lot of God loving brothers and sisters as well whom i will be praying for such as Pastor Larry (even though I've met him before but now we are closer), J. Ho (woooo scary thought these Ho's keep coming out of no where right B :)), T.Z., Michelle, Billy, John, and Michael. Again this conference was just such a totally awesome experience that I will never forget. I'm also glad that E and B came with their CGC crew, plus it was fun to lay a little CCUC trash talking to some of the other churches.

Going up to MSU back and forth I learned of a few things. Like Paul said in Phil. 4:8 I'll just dwell about the good things about it. I got to sleep over my sister's house and it's funny that deep down I know that we both love each other a great deal but well she doesn't show it as much as she use to when we were little. Her room almost brought a tear to my eye because I never realized she put up a bunch of pics of us when we were little back in the day at 15 mile and Van Dyke. It has soooooooo many pictures of us, hugging and holding hands together. Gosh I miss those days and I'm glad that we got to spend time together.

And finally last night was the end of the regular season at OU. We played against VC which I thought should be an easy win and so I didn't really put much effort myself until I started realizing that the whole team wasn't either so I guess we were a little over confident. Plus I ws bummed that Beth didn't do her presentation after we spent so much time together Sunday night at my house putting it together. All I have to say though is after last night, this is the beginning of a new rivalry. Their is a great rivalry between us and Grone, but that is more of a we respect each other's skill type of game. The new one we have now is Titans vs. VC and this rivalry is more of a Red Wings and Avs blood bath rivalry, it's the type of rivalry where we pretty much hate each other.

Yeah we lost last night 2-1 going into the middle of the 4th game that we were leading in. We pretty much let them have the first one and their second one was our fault, and then we got down to business. 3rd game we took over then time ran out in the middle of the 4th. The officiating sucked completely as no calls went our way. Stan got called for a lift when it wasn't because it his palm while VC does the same thing and does not get called for it. I got called for a lift when I did a one hand set. But am I totally blaming the refs no because that wasn't the thing that killed us.

I can take a lost when our team is giving it their all. However VC's win, made me lose whatever respect I had for them. As we got into the 3rd game and we were dominating them. They decided to stall for time by rolling the ball as slow as possible back to us. Or they would just drop the ball on the ground and do a little love tap and kind of blow it back to our side. Or when it was their ball, we would give back to them, but I love how they would pretend that the ball we be tossed over their head or it rolled too fast past them so it could go all the way down to the end of the court, then they can just take their time walking back and forth getting the ball. Then when they finally do get the ball they would pretend they tossed the ball so horrible that they couldn't serve so they can get their re-do. You know it gets a little ridculous when our sub has to stand on their end of the court to retrieve the ball for both teams.

Mike and I were pretty close to dropping our gloves and laying the smackdown on D and Joe. However Joe made himself look like a jackass already by trying to toss the ball badly so he can get a redo his serve. Yeah however pal, you can't touch while it's in the air so that made you look real smart. I couldn't believe I shook their hands after the game. I already tried to put in a special request so that we could face them in the first round of the playoffs despite us being the number 1 seed. Fricking motherlovers were lucky I couldn't hit and go at any SS level since we were playing 5-1 and I had to set. Boy setting gets pretty tiring with all the running around you have to do. Anyways, that's all the steam I had to blow off, so VC you better win so we can take y'all on in the finals. Don't worry about us rolling the ball as slowly as possible either when we're up 2-0 because Stan, Mike, and I are just gonna hit hard, and hit it fast.

If ya smell la la la la la la wooooooo hold up VC you lost your singing privelges with The Rattlesnake. Y'all can no longer sing with The People's champ, so just know your role and shut your mouth.........
Is Cooking?

No comments: