Saturday, March 29, 2003

Yes I finally saw the Superman music video, thanks to my sister who brought home her 8 Mile DVD. As I begin watching 8 Mile again, I keep thinking about this week's little Being Chinese series. Not to mention any names or anything but someone at CBC was so happy to promote this series. I watched it last night at Rich and Queenie's, and as I kept watching I kept wondering why the GG are we even promoting this crap. I mean I'm proud of who I am and all, and I think all of us who are chinese should understand the people who got us here. But some of those people that we're on the show, we're just killing me. I mean come on now, let's be realistic about the chinese population and who they work for. I mean let's see who they interviewed last night, geee pretty much doctors, lawyers, and fricking yahoo inventor. It's like ok, most chinese people know that as parents the most important thing to them is their child's grades. Well now let's see if a good portion of the chinese parents that watched last night's episode will only have one thought. And that thought is, oh wow I need to push my kids harder in school so they can be like that yahoo wondergeek. Or how bout oh let's be like that loud mouth Michelle Ling, gosh was she annoying. I don't even know how the G she got on to the show because as Rich quickly pointed out she had the easy life along with her parents. I mean pay attention to her childhood pictures, she had all that fancy art work in each room and she was able to take ballet lessons, oh and by the way her parents are doctors. So now she is a doc and went to Berkley and now attending Stanford I think it is. Oh yeah she had it tough as a chinese woman, and yes this was Queenie's favorite person on the show :) I mean just listening to her talk and her actions made me ashamed of representing the same race as her. She had this waving her hand around and pointing finger action, oh my chicken it was embarassing. So what was my view on the overall show, I gave it 2 thumbs down, if people want to learn about chinese history, they will learn about it in school. Oh and a simple rent of Joy Luck Club could of covered everything they yapped about last night.

So now what will happen, well it won't surprise if those who are CBC parents start pushing their kids a little harder so that maybe one day they can be on a show called Being Chinese. I'm glad that my parents never pushed me as hard as other chinese kids I know of because all they cared about was the effort I put into it. Why don't we promote a show called Being Christian at CBC or something, I think that's a little more important. I doubt every white church, is going around promoting shows called Being White. Also, as an adult who were watching it, and aren't at Ivy league schools or is a doc, lawyer, or yahoo inventors, this show is also kind of discouraging. Instead of showing people living up there, you gotta show people what it is like living down here. The real chinese peeps are those that own or work at a restaurant/laundry mat 24-7 so that they can provide for their families. That's the real deal about being chinese and if y'all got something to say then here is my rebuttle:

I'm gonna get snuffed
Cuz I ain't said enough to pipe down
I'll pipe down.........when this is wiped out
When I see that little dude get sniped out
Lights out snitch ;)
Au revoir
Good night

Battle

No comments: