Monday, March 31, 2003

Have you ever had a dream where it seemed so real then you wake up? Well these past 48 hours has given me some time of reflection on what has been eating at me lately. I believe one of the main things that has been bugging me is how I am taking a lot of time from what I am doing and going around helping other people because they ask me for it. However, when I ask them for help, I get no love. Spongebob keeps telling me to stop helping them and look out for myself. And I think I have set all these expectations on these people who I am helping to show some help my way when I need it. However, maybe that's where I am going wrong, I have high expectations on these people and maybe it is that they can not meet MY expectations but are meeting God's in some sort of way. So today again I was dealt with do I help out 3 of my classmates or do I just let them hang? Well I decided to help them because I don't like to leave people hanging like that despite making a bad choice earlier. I just have to let it go if they decide not to help me, and release all of my expectations like Joseph and Mary.

What was funny too was that I asked God Saturday night to reveal in my dreams what it has been that has been getting to me. Well God answered that request and my dreams were just so real. It made me remember my past about 4 years ago when it happened. It was something that I'll never forget because that was then I left them. What's wierd is it is like deja vu because it seems to be happening again. However their is a difference from my past to the present. Unfortunately that difference is the same which goes against one of the definitions in the Bible. It was wierd last night too, that a long time old friend of mine IMed me from our high school days. Gosh I missed Karol, I remember in middle school he used to hate my guts because I was cocky in everything that I do. But in high school we became best friends, and I'm glad that he is doing well with finally a great girl. Then their is his bro, Luke, gosh he used to hate my guts when I always came over because I was always ripping on him but he could easily of kicked my butt. Now, I'm glad we're tight too and congrats to him and that I'm looking forward to their wedding. Those were the days when KG and I ruled the b-ball courts around his sub. Plus we were always the top guns at LaserQuest, people were always on the look for Dimebags and Galvatron.

One final thought is, my prayers are with the Lin brother's. I know what it is like to be sitting in that ICU room just wondering if they will make it or not. I remember just sitting there on one hot summer night that it made me stronger because I know that I do not want to grow up to be that type of person. But I've been blessed by God that He let them continue on with their lives, and I can only pray that He will look after the two of you along with your folks. Take care my brothers and God bless.

Sing For The Moment

No comments: