Thursday, October 16, 2003

Errr, I wrote one last night and it never got published. Oh well, first off I think it's ridiculous how that fan is getting blamed for the Cubs failure to make it to the World Series. Any one of us would of made the same effort to try and catch the ball. I was so disgusted of how he was treated. I mean this guy paid good money to enjoy the game and he had to leave with security, he had to sit slouching down for the rest of the game with beer being thrown at him. His boss had to call him today to tell him not to come to work today. The governor of Chicago even spoke about it, and said this "if he ever gets convicted of anything in this city, then as long as I'm governor, he'll never get pardoned." I would feel embarassed to live in a city with that type of governor. Now this guy probably has to move out of this city. Like this one lady said, "10 other guys reached for it, but he was the one who got caught with it." I mean what's done is done, the Marlins won, and the Cubs choked. Yeah I wanted the Cubs to make it, but the better team won. I'm gonna pray for the fan and I hope God blesses him elsewhere, kind of like a Job thing.

Sorry brother Steve about the Cubbies, hopefully Sista Cat has better luck with her Red Sox.

Cuz sometimes if feels like the world's on my shoulders
Everyone's leaning on me
Cuz sometimes it feels like the world's almost over
But then it comes back to me

After tonight's 5:14 Bible study, I've been thinking about Eminem's song, Hailie's Song. I think what's been frustrating me is my lack of dependence on God and more of myself lately. Yesterday, the regular season ended for URAPK. Yeah it still cracks me up when the officials say it. We find a new way to lose, it's so unbelievable. I'm the team leader in receptions, yards, and touchdowns. Yet I keep complaining to the team, because I feel that no one wants to step up or is pulling their weight. Instead though, I should praise God for blessing me with the athletic gifts he has given me. It was a fun game yesterday because it was a total mud bowl, especially for me when i was covered with mud from head to toe. I also continued to show everyone that I'm one of the best shut down corners in the league by shutting down their dubbed Randy Moss. It was sweet when 4 defenders followed me on the fake WR reversal which set up a TD toss to Peter. All in all, tomorrow could be our last game of the season because of the playoffs. I'm gonna pray tonight and all through tomorrow before the game to really help me trust in my teammates and also give them confidence that we can pull out with a victory.

I've also been blessed to be able to play in the Ford V-ball league now too. I was so excited to play my first game being reunited with the Jung bro's and Bill. This makes 4 v-ball leagues and 1 football league for this semester. My body is sore and stiff in some areas, and this is just another area where I've been lacking being dependent on God. I'm a soldier, a child of Christ, and need to strengthen my vertical relationship with God to be even stronger. Speaking of vertical, what's up with our team name, Vertically Challenged? Anyways, going back, I need to be like Elijah and pray whole heartedly and earnestly.

Irony of the day after 5:14 Bible Study. Andy mentioned about drivers testing his patience. On my way home from V's, 696 was closed and I had to sit in traffic, which made it longer for me to get home. Gosh was this a test of patience for me, as I wanted to just drive through the cones. Man I should of taken Pontiac Trail home, good thing though for that Bible Study.

Man what a strong Bible study though to end our series in James. It kind of makes me wanna do James all over again after re-reading things on my own. I personally feel like their are still more things I can extract from it and apply it to my own life.

Finally on a last note, what GP B said about being a peacekeeper and a peacekeeper. As we discussed it today, I know their are still some things in my life that needs to be confronted. Hmm just another thing for me to pray for.

Alright time to get a lil shut eye, then off to class and back into battle as URAPK vs. There Can Only Be 1, kind of a fitting name, hopefully that 1 is us.

Sing For The Moment

No comments: