Wednesday, October 22, 2003

Hello everybody I want you to meet my best friend for the night, Naproxen. It is my lovely prescribed pain killers I keep with me in case I run out of Motrin or in my case somebody lost them. Boy what a day, first we go off again to more playoff drama. Dickman vs. URAPK, both offenses were awful. Let's cap down to the last play of the game where we opted to punt on 4th down with 5 seconds left when we had the lead 20-13. However, Ray fumbled the punt and with 1 second left at their 30 yard line had a chance. However, their dumb QB decides to run and actually got sacked again by Ray to end the game. The stars of the game, first has to be Steve. He is the least athletic person on our team, but what I love about him is that he knows his role and does a good job with it. His role is being the center and protecting Stan. He had a big catch and a big pass deflection.

The other stars had to be our newest addition Matt, Ray's friend. Those 2 just tormented the QB in the backfield. It was like Simeon Rice and Warren Sapp lined up on the line. Now as for me, let's see Dickman's QB completed more passes to me than Stan did. I mean does the word "lockdown" mean anything yet? I finished the game with 2 interceptions and plenty of return yards. That makes 5 interceptions for me in the last 6 games, almost averaging 1 a game.

So this Thursday, is the conference final game 5 West vs. URAPK. Man only one more win and we are off to the OU SuperBowl. Who would of thought that our team would make it this far? My assignment this Thursday, is to dog Mike all day. I have a great deal of respect for him because he was and still is on my v-ball team, and he is a great football player too. He is one of the league's big play recievers too. So I look forward to the challenge of 2 of the best players in the conference locking it down.

After the game though, I drove down to Beech Woods and as soon as the game started, it started to hurt. My back was like acting up, like if it had some dent in it or something. It hurt just to bend down to recieve a pass hence majority of my passes sucked. Hitting line was hard because I had to torque my body more. I ate my friend Mr. Naproxen which helped me finished the 3 games. It hurt when Bill went to put his hand on my back to go around me. I'm squirming right now just to keep it loose because it's stiff now. My shoulder feels like it's gonna fall off from hitting the past few nights now. Tomorrow, gotta make sure I sit in the hot tub to relax my muscles and keep loose for Thursday's game. This sucks though because can't even sleep with this pain in the back. What sucked even more was I tried to pull out everything I had in my energy, even on this one sweet back 1 set from Bill, and it just wasn't enough. On the bright side, Vertically Challenge is 6-0 now, gosh I can't stand our team name. This pain feeling is some what a good feeling too because at least I know I've been giving it my all, and as Howie said "he's still the youngster, he'll heal by tomorrow." Amen to that, in the mean time, time to look for that heating pad. Would be nice to let Brother Steve or Doc Kim take a looksy though. Oh well, I'm sure it's just a spasm.

Come Into My World

No comments: