Tuesday, October 07, 2003

What a Monday night football game, I feel bad for Simion Rice for a stupid penalty called on him. Anyways, it's late of course and the past few days, I've been struggling with many different types of sin. Then everything just like revealed itself on Sunday as GP B spoke during worship. Bali spoke to me the day before as well and both of them mentioned the same thing. Satan knows us too and will use anything he can do doubt God or break us up from the church. Man that really got me thinking and reflecting a lot. Well now I feel or at least hope that I am back on right track.

What else has happened to me lately? Well in the sporting news, URAPK lost our season opener. I was disappointed because it was my fault that we lost. I got too greedy when balls were thrown to me, and lost concentration by looking up field before catching the ball. When I did, it gave the defense a chance to intercept the ball which they did. Granted a lot of the catches I had to make were either in the air or I was squatting trying to grab another, my rule of thumb is, if I touch it, then I should catch it. I still lead the team in receptions and yards but wasn't good enough to get a W. I'm really glad Peter's on our team because he's been doing most of the coaching part. I hate doing that because I'd rather focus on my own game vs. the whole team. Stan, Peter, and I were talking making the offense easier for the QB's by going with a base offense vs. a spread offense. Now Peter's got me playing CB to shut down one half of the field. I'm excited because now I can go back to my motto "Water covers 75% of the earth, I cover the rest." I gotta shorten my routes too, now that teams are playing a cloud defense over me, with a corner taking the inside away and the free safety over top of me. I want to say thanks to Kim for coming out to support us! Sorry for not getting the TD that I promised you, then again like Stan said, it's hard to win a game when we had 4 turnovers and the other team had none.

Tonight I played my first game with Powerspike. It was wierd watching my old team playing on the other court. I congratulated them after their game as they are now 5-0 in first in the league. One thing I've been thinking about lately, is that I have done a lot of talking on the court and field lately. However, it's like I felt like I haven't been backing it up to my expectations. So today I kept my mouth shut, and encouraged my new teammates instead. We lost our first game, and it irritated me, then it happened. Everyone in the huddle looked towards me for leadership, Larry told me to postion everyone. Chris and Dave after each game supported my moves and went along with everything I said. By the time we finished our games, some of the other people watching the games believe that it might be Larry's team on paper, but also believe that I am the heart and soul of the team. I'm the new kid on this team, and it's wierd to have the keys to the team already, but I do need to do a better job in terms of leadership on this team. I'm excited though we're off to a 4-1 start now.

Another thing that has happened to me, was that I ran into an old friend at OU. 2 weeks ago this girl was waving hi to me at the OC, but I blew her off because I didn't think it was to me. Last week she stopped me and asked if I went to SHS. Just as I thought, it was Lindsey who looked as beautiful as ever. I remember when I first met her my junior year at SHS and she was a sophmore, I had a huge crush on her. I was the assistant coach for the JV tennis team at the time, and she thought of me as her personal coach. Yeah I liked coaching her, sometimes it was flirting, but she really improved as a tennis player. We were talking on Thursday, and I was happy to hear that she finished in the top 15 in the Miss Michigan pageant. Anyways, I'm glad she's a GG now and I look forward to hanging out with her in the future now.

Now what really pissed me off today was when I walked out of the ED building. I could see it from a mile away, some fat person I'm assuming had to open the door so fricking wide that it took a piece of paint off my car. Errrr, now I am trying to think of what is the best way to take care of this. I tell you though fricking fat people and cars, slow drivers on the road, it all adds up. I have 2 words for these people "public transportation." If anyone knows of a good body shop guy, please give me a call because this thing is frustrating me.

Which brings about another subject, this is for you Shawn. Dang it for our EED group project, Carl and I should of kept it to an Asian only group. Now you had to ask the one guy that I totally disapprove in the class, the Britany loving (not in that way either), cheerleading Big Red, gay guy of the class. Well what's done is done, and I guess this is a good chance for Carl, Shawn, and I to truly figure out if this guy is really gay. Which the rest of the class seems to agree with me.

Plans for tomorrow, one goal only now, concentrate on the game and let it come to me.

Dilema

No comments: