Monday, August 16, 2004

What a weekend it was, and a great blessing. First off the weather was just ideal to go Toronto and have an outdoor v-ball tournament the next day. So Saturday, we finally went to IKEA I guess that was our highlight of the trip, well maybe for me. I still don't see what is so hot about this place compared to like Art Van or Value City. Then again, it has a restaurant inside, I mean does all IKEA have that inside? We also did some shopping at the Eaton Centre, well again I didn't buy much. While I guess on the other hand their were good bargains for women's clothes there. Pac Mall, eh the same old thing for me I guess. Finally the food, you gotta love the $1 dim sum, and had some excellent congee too.

Then came yesterday, as YCF Remix are now back to back champs! It kind of sucked early because we were in the crappy bracket. I had more fun watching KUMC, 7th Day, and DenDen's team all go at it. We played against KPC, and they had some excellent fans for such a crappy team. At one point, I just jumped served for an ace, then looked over at the crowd, and point my finger on my lips and shushed them. Plus one girl kept talking smack on the sideline, and Stan & Howie started doing the Sheed waving the arms. Watching the conference finals though was fun, because I didn't care who we played DenDen or 7th Day. That game was so quick paced, and everyone's energy level was so high. You know it gets intense and bam I saw DenDen got tattooed in the face. Going to the max of 3 games, He Yuen's 7th Day team came out on top to meet us in the finals.

He Yuen is one of the best, and strongest players I've ever played against. I mean last year, Stan and I took turns trying to stop him, until we combined to do it. Bob's and Stan had him on the lock down, while I took care of their Suga Daddy alone. Every block I had against him, I just kept staring him down and each hit he lost confidence. Then I had some fun talking trash to Big Sexi, Suga Daddy and Juke's bro because they've been so cocky playing against all the other teams. I wanted to see how they like it, and just as I thought, punks might be able to dish it but they can't take it. As Howie and I said after watching DenDen's team play against them, this game is as much skill as it is mental. Players may be able to play this game on a physical level but it's how you use it mentally is the challenge. The only game I had to kick it up 2 levels, but it was fun and I wanted to play some more against He Yuen. We didn't get a bag of rice each this year, but we each recieved a $25 gift certificate to Seoul Garden. Mmmm can't wait to try that place's food!

I Like That

No comments: