Tuesday, January 11, 2005

The Boneyard - Wow, 2:00 a.m. and no one is online, what's up with that? Man I was hoping for Jo, but oh well. Last night I had dinner with the Moys' man I wish the time I spend with them could of lasted a lil longer this time. And yes, as I said to Jo, Evanescene is a Christian band although I wish I could find like Amy Lee's testimony or something. Man, I still remember the day I bought their cd when they first came out which was like about 2K2 at the Family Christian Bookstore. Amazing only a couple of years later now they become famous for the songs on that cd.

So today, I started my first day of student teaching at Magahay Elementary School. A couple of things that were really cool is the fact that it only takes me a lil less than 15 minutes to get into work! I also added up the miles and from my house to Magahay, it is only 9 miles. I thought today would be an easy day since it is my first day, and Carl told me that I should observe everything. However, it was the opposite I pretty much ran the classroom as my teacher kept leaving the building. It felt so good to pretty much run the class and talk the way I wanna talk to them. None of that conservative garbage Sherrill teaches us at OU. The kids already came up to talk to me already, and said that I am the coolest teacher already in the building. They keep calling me, Neo from The Matrix because I came in decked in black with my shades on. Everyone thinks it's funny well except for Gjon when as the kids would say "dis" him because he think's he's so hard. Gotta keep reminding me that he lives in the Heights, and the class knows my philosophy on that too when I said it to him, punk may be able to dish it, but he can't take it. But it's all good, Marlee told me he got much love for me and I've already grown attached to some of them already.

Marlee, she is so short and cute plus she is very helpful so I can trust her.
Megan, she's a brain and she won in the Spelling Bee contest today. She is a lil snobby with her smarts and I tried to humble her in a 1 on 1 Spelling Bee contest, since I am a past champ. Man, I suck, I couldn't beat her.
Gjon, Mr. Attention we got the sports thing connecting for us.
Christina, she's got such a cool Albanian accent and she said she's the teacher's pet, but she is also good help.
Jackie, well she wore an ICP sweatshirt today, so we talked about their music.
However, I was kind of sad because physically some of them looked so much like my kids from Edmonson. However, these kids made me feel like I was back there because of the chants of my name. Carl, said I need to cut down on my slang, hmm gotta catch myself more on that. I also met Danielle's teacher since we're student teaching together. We had a good convo, because I believe she is Christian and we talked about our churches.

My teacher, well everyone likes how I teach so far. It does frustrate me, because my teacher takes on so much and the kids see it because of his lack of organization skills. So the kids really miss out on getting the most in terms of learning. I believe they can learn more if he put more effort in his lesson plans. Maybe that is why God put me in here? So I will be here for a whole year, my thought throughout the day: I wonder what it would of been like if I was placed at Harrison, or Dunkel for a year with my CBC peeps?

Oh yeah, OU kept calling me today as well, because they want to hire me for this semester to help out with IM sports. They were thankful for the voluntary services I put in last semester so now I get to help train others on the IM staff. Man forget classes, I can balance all these jobs now?

Once Again

No comments: