Wednesday, January 12, 2005

Newton's Law - Man what a humbling moment I experienced tonight. What a good lesson of Physics too, I just drilled this ball as hard as I could. The plan, to blow this ball as hard as I could through 2 blockers. Nope, they roofed me bad, straight down right into my mouth. The ball came flying right back there and caused my lip to bleed because of the quick reaction of the ball's velocity pushing my teeth into my upper lip.

So tonight, I went to my first OU IM Staff meeting and I got to meet everyone else. Not as if I didn't know everyone already though. I walked in, and V thought I was in the wrong room. Then Gary announced it to everyone that he has hired me to help out and V was excited and gave me a big hug. I already told Kristyn earlier this morning about me working with her. So my main function is to run the IM V-ball section, and help out with b-ball as well. Pretty weird too, because V and Kristyn are both my Supervisors. I got my Campus Rec Staff shirt today too, yuck a button shirt. However, I do get my own mailbox and as Gary mentioned earlier to all of us, it is great to be apart of the OU IM Rec Staff.

As I was filling my planner out, I also realized how routine some things are to me. So another challenge was added for me this semester. Yup, I got another job today so I now work at the restuarant, student teach at Magahay, OU IM Staff, and now I was hired today to work at Cranbrook as well to teach science. OU requires us to have so many Science teaching hours and my old hours don't count so I need to do a new one. So today, Monica and I signed up, and now we'll be working together on Wednesday morning teaching Science to all the different schools coming in for field trips. What would be cool is running into CBC peeps at Cranbrook! One of my major benefits are that I am able to bring whoever I want to Cranbrook for free. It is a really cool place too because I always taking my ACA kids there. So 4 jobs that I got now, life don't get any better than this right? I just don't get how people complain about their job after graduating because you should be doing something you enjoy which makes it fun. I mean did some people go for the wrong major or something? I look forward to the challenge and really gotta rely on His strength as well. This semester should be fun, I am doing the things I love other than playing, that is teaching kids, and working with athletics.

3 Days

No comments: