Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Let it Snow! - So much wierdness today at the Pho place in the M-Heights. I'm chilling and waiting for my beef, then someone walks in. It was Stacey, one of my Special Ed students from Iroquois Middle School. Wow they don't start school till Wednesday, which is pretty sweet. It was wierd though, because it is the first time that I run into one of my students in a public place. I was talking to her Aunt, who is a lil older than me. Man such wierdness because now one of my students call me by my first name, not that I care anyways. Her Aunt, started talking Hmong to me because she thought I was too. Man, first time I've ever been mistaken for Hmong, so now that includes on my list as Korean, and Phillipino.

Tonight was also the first time I played v-ball without an ankle brace. I've come to the conclusion that I may have a small fracture in there and that's why it hasn't healed yet. Oh well, my pick-up team rocked as we played 4 hours of v-ball going undefeated for the night. Man 9 teams tonight waiting for 3 courts, and the competition just rocks. Although, I am starting to develop a bad taste for certain people. I just don't like how they treat some of the people there, who are pretty good but don't rank on the elite level. I mean some of them would walk off the court during the game if you shank a pass. Am I in need of an attitude check when I show a lil swagger to those who put others down?

I kept reflecting as well, just all those countless Tuesday nights @ CBC I spent with Howard and Peter. Howard, would keep drilling me once everyone had left while Peter would be the ballboy for me. It all started from that point on then others came in my way to teach me more about this game of v-ball. Just thankful for this chance and now I just want to help defend those who get picked on for no reason on the court.

Wow it's after 3 a.m. now so what am I doing? Chatting with Alisha, till we both fall asleep on our keyboards.

Song of Love

No comments: