Thursday, October 24, 2002

Better is one day in Your house
Better is one day in Your courts
Than thousands elsewhere

Wow it's like 2:15 a.m. now and I'm still not sleepy even after another nite of guys nite last nite. I think it has to be all those cupcakes I ate tonight at Chrissy and Connie's place. Oh and plus all that left over frosting and the huge box of Nerds I had in my car. Because of all this sugar attack, I didn't even bother eating dinner. Boy talk about a nutrional meal after what Conehead said in her blog. Anyways, today I went to MSU to take care of a couple of things and I went to visit my sister's place. It's been a while since Labor Day that I've went to my sister's place. And now that their all settled in, I have a couple of things that I want to say. I find it funny that, one of her roommates who asked a month or two ago that she needed help on trying to quit smoking, because I still see a pack of Marlboro's on the table. I'm disappointed as well that the bottom half of the fridge contains a box of 24 pack Bud Light. Hopefully their will be that one day for my sister and her friends to turn and find their path of righteousness.

Replay of Monday nite's game against Try Again, is that we got spanked and even shut out! I got schooled 2-3 times by Phil's friend Jen. I don't want to take any credit away from their win but I know for a fact that we can beat them. I remember talking to this one lady who organizes the league and she kept talking to me about how a lot of the teams have played together for so many years and that you can tell which teams are newly formed while others have played for the longest time. I agreed with her because I've played against some of these teams for the past 2 years now. And so sometimes it's frustrating to see our team lose because our lack of team chemistry is there which in overall is our communication. I always said that talent can only take you so far but chemistry is what pushes a team higher. I'm starting to understand what Howard's been teaching me about our Men's v-ball team and how we need to keep our chemistry.

I went to OU after our game to play some more v-ball and to check out the talent of this year's league. The comparisons have begun now, between Joey and I to see who is the MVP of this semester. I gotta say that he has improved this past summer so I've been pushing myself on Tuesday with Melissa, to keep me ahead of him. What sucks now is that I got this bruise on my hip bone which is causing me to walk with a limp. I got this on Tuesday night, I dove straight down hard on my side to pancake because our team was so great with their passing. So it's been difficult to sleeping on that side, but I just got done running up and down the stairs for a little bit and it feels a little better. I must say it's gotta be that frosting, dang it that's given me so much energy.

And just a random thought as it hit me while I was driving home after CYAF. Gosh I can't believe how much Connie and Chrissy's dad reminds me of my daddy. I'm starting to understand how my parents, Rich's parents, and the Cheung sister's parents were so tight back then. Actually after thinking about it, it's kind of amazing how God has placed us, Rich, Connie, Chrissy, and I staying tight kind of like today's Bible Study about generations come and generations go. And it looks like Rich already got a jump on us for the 3rd generation with Audrey. But I don't think anyone should be looking on me to keeping the 3rd generation going. It's just amazing that what holds true in the OT still holds true today.

And final thought of the day, is have you ever wished that you could be there and do things that you have in your mind? But God's guiding you in another direction and you're kind of hesistant about going because you wanna go back towards the other way. Well I gotta give all the praise to God as He's provided CYAF or possibly TF (Transformers Fellowship) that I can really feel the fire for God and to truly focus on serving Him.

God of Wonders

No comments: