Thursday, October 31, 2002

Look
If you had
One shot
Or one opportunity
This is everything you ever wanted
One moment
Would you capture it
Or just let it slip?

Finally I got the 8 Mile Soundtrack, and it's just a great cd. I guess you can say I love Eminem from way back when before he became famous. Why did I like him? Because he always represented Detroit baby, my hometown, where I grew up. Other favorites of mine that came out of Detroit are I.C.P. and Kid Rock, you had to be hardcore to know who they were before they came out and became superstars. I can't wait to go see 8 Mile, I used to remember as a kid, everyday going to my grandparents restaurant and always getting off at 8 Mile.

I just got done taking my ENV exam, and dang it! Ya know the first exam everyone tells me that he posts most of the questions from the exam on his website. So I did nothing but study those questions for this 2nd exam, however out of 47 questions he only puts like 5 questions this time. And tonight I'll probably find out my sorry grade from HST.

At least I have last night to live off of for a little bit. Last night was just like a blessing in disguise and part of me wished that I could share this week for v-ball instead of last week. Like I haven't talked about this enough, is that I still get kind of bummed with some of my other friendships and where they are heading. Yeah and it's been a struggle sometimes because I dwell on it so much. However last night was just rewarding as I got an unexpected surprise for my b-day. I'm not the type of person to be telling everyone by b-day because personally I don't care about it. I think it's the age thing, and as I'm reading it everyone keeps talking about old age. Guess what, I'm still gonna be The Kid :) but I remember when I first turned 16 that was the age I wanted to stay at because all I cared about was driving. Everyone keeps talking about 21 is the age but eh I don't drink so that wasn't a big deal to me. I don't think I've ever had a surprise for my b-day like that. It was truly a memorable one, and honestly I was choked up with emotions because I didn't realize it was for me. And I just can't praise God enough for the friends that I spent last night with. Just reading the card really puts a tear in my eye. So before I get any more sappy, I just want to say thanks to JW, Phil, Larry, Chrissy, Viv, Connie, Cougar, Alan, Naomi, Cecilia, Vickie, Les, Kelly, and Andy.

25 Mile

No comments: