Tuesday, October 29, 2002

Wow it's been a while it seems like, anyways last Thursday, my HST class was cancelled, maybe Prof. Zellers isn't a bad prof after all. Nah, I think he still is one of the worst right up there with Prof. Izrealli. Survivor sucked because Robb got voted off dang it! But it's cool Erin is still my pick to win. And let's see since last Sunday I've been playing more v-ball than sleeping it seems like.

Last night was the season opener for OU IM V-ball, and I was glad that my teammates from last season were reunited, Stan, Melissa, and Jane. It's too bad Nick couldn't play with us this year, he was the X-Factor for us. And now our team, Titans (yeah gotta name it after my high school) I've added Maegan, Cindy, and Kathy. What's even more exciting is that we have so many teams in IM V-ball, that we have formed to 2 Conferences, Western and Eastern. Danielle, who works at the Rec and is in charge, purposely split up our team and Joey's team, GoodNPlenty because we're the top teams. So last night we played Vertically Challenge, and we beat them 2-1. I was upset that we lost the first game as I blame myself for the lost. Maybe I was overconfident, because when it was 9-2 I chose to sit out and conserve my energy for YCF's game. However we ended up losing 15-11 as I checked in too late. Then again, the team seemed to of had butterflies as everyone was still trying to get used to each other. So I stayed in the 2nd game and we just dominated them 15-2, and finish it off in the 3rd game. Something I've been thinking about all of last week as I've been working out to push myself at a higher level than last year, is that it gets lonely at the top ya know? I guess that's why you need faith in God to truly be satisfied and content in your life. Last night, before the game, I was looking at everyone warming up then I kind of looked outside the window, having this lonely feeling inside of me about v-ball. Like I love playing with everyone on my team, but it's not the same. No Joyce, Lindsay, Chrissy, Connie, Phil, Ting, Viv, JW, and Larry the people that I've been playing with for so long now. I guess it is like what Kabito said to Gohan about being the lone saiyan, I guess I feel like the lone CBC person at OU and I don't have them to back me up for my mistakes.

Last night I also felt that compassion that God's word speaks of, about having compassion for your enemies. Joey's team is in the Western Conference, and I knew I sensed great power, and skills from other teams. But watching Joey's team struggle against Haters R Us the way the did, made me really want to jump in and help Andi and him out. They've been in the finals the past 2 semesters now, and they got rocked a few times. Boy I never imagined that I would have it in my heart, to really want to charge up and go out and help his team out. Then again, I've got my own worries with this 6 foot plus monster on Theta Chi next week. One funny thing that did occur last night was, Jane and I were about to be ejected from the game because we were sporting red bandanas on our heads. So we were asked to take them off which sucked because we matched pretty well. Well I guess it's time to go hit the books.

Hero

No comments: