Monday, October 21, 2002

I tell myself
Hey only fools rush in
Only time will tell if we stand the test of time
All I know
You got to run to win
I'll be dang if I get hung up on the line
Hey, no I can't recall anything at all
Wooo it's got what it takes
So tell me why can't this be love
You want it straight from the heart
Oh tell me why can't this be love?

Wow was it just me or really praise God for the good competition that came out on Saturday morning. However, at one point I did feel bad for my actions. Their is this one guy, who I guess JW so kindly named him Truck that pissed me off. As I turned the corner to guard my guy, he just popped up for a quick hip-check and instantly knocked me to the ground. I got back up and got in his face because it was an illegal pick. The last time I got blindsided like that was a few months ago at MSU during a b-ball tournament where this monster guy just knocked me to the ground and the ref called it. I finished the game, however afterwards, SammeeQ was nice enough to nurse my shoulder with ice and put it in a sling for me. And also as I was racing for the ball, Saturday, Alex bumped JW and JW fell onto me my left leg and ultimately twisted my knee and rolled on top of it. I don't know if it is a hyperextention or strain, but it just feels like my knee is out place.

And yesterday, I went to Cornerstone Christian Fellowship Church to worship with them. It was the first time I ever that I've gone to another church to worship by myself. It was also nice to worship with brothers and sisters in the Lapeer area. As I was driving looking for this place, the area made me think back of the place I stayed at over the summer while in NJ. And this church I believe is a good reminder for all of us who tends to think of a church is a building with a cross. But this place was nothing like that, it was like an office building, however a church is the body of people who worship our God. I remembered that from last year's music seminar I went to at CBC. But the people their were just so loving, supportive, and they welcomed me with open arms. I met this one guy, Dennis, a godly man indeed, and he asked me to start coming to Cornerstone to take his place in ministry as he was leaving to Florida for good because of a new job. And I felt honored to be there yesterday as they had a special service, since it was their 6 year anniversary. You can tell that God has done wonders with this body of believers, yesterday was just an amazing experience.

Driving back down to get to my soccer game I had a little encounter with about at least 20 biker dudes. And some peeps been asking what happenned, so I'll give the details. I'm driving down M-24 and I am in the right lane about to get on I-75, the biker gang was in the middle lane. Now they realized that the exit ramp to I-75 was on the right lane. So they all tried to cut over together but I was in the middle of them. So their is this one biker who tried to join his buddies by trying to get all the way around me, as I'm getting on the ramp. So he thinks that I purposely cut him off, and I'm like dude I was already on the right lane getting on to the ramp. So then he proceeded to drive on the shoulder to get ahead of me, and once he did all I could do was laugh. Because as soon as he got in front of me, he braked really hard, turned around to look at me, gave me the number 1 finger salute, and said "F*** You". All I could do when he looked at me and did was smile and laugh, kind of in a taunting matter because if I was pissed then that would give him the satisfaction that he pissed me off. But I laughed and that only irritated him even more. Once on the freeway, I went to the middle lane, and this guy cut in front of me again, and hit his brakes hard again forcing the both of us to go about 40mph on I-75. I don't know if this guy was high or anything because ummm yeah I'm driving in a car, and he is in his harley. If I hit him while he was braking, he would die. Anyways, I cut about 2 lanes over to the left, and got up to my max speed, about 110-112 mph till the governor kicked in. While I passed him cutting over, he looked at me again, and I smiled, blew him a kiss, and gave the peace sign to him. Which of course only irritated him even more as I'm having fun and he is gettin even more pissed. So he decided to tail gate me at speeds of 110 mph down I-75, now let's think for a moment here. Again I am in a car, and if I braked at 110 mph instantly, with him tailgating me, wouldn't he just fly over my car if I had done that, and again killed him instantly? Gosh, this one biker is just really stupid. So I realized the time, and that I couldn't joke around him even more due to the soccer game, I quickly exited onto Square Lake, but of course he kept following me. However, I lost him going 110 mph down Square Lake and I made a quick U to get back onto I-75. While I'm heading east on Square Lake, the biker was heading west still looking for me and as he saw me across the island, I just waved my hand good bye, smile and stuck my tongue at him because he had just gotten smoked, and outsmarted by your's trully. Again when it comes down to street racing, mess with the best die with the rest.

Then that leads to the soccer game, and as a team we played better this time around. I believe the upgrades of Ray, David, Chrissy, and Naomi helped out. I wish this was like football, because I wanna say I had the hit of the game, knocking down one of their guys on his back. I played a little more aggressive but now I need to help out even more on offense, as I blew 3 scoring opportunities. I hope Chrissy and Naomi had a great time and would be interested in joining Zion United. What sucked was that I kept cramping up and as I woke up this morning I felt like my body was broken in half. But I gotta suck up for tonight's v-ball action against the number 1 team in the league, Try Again then it's off to OU to play some more because I need to start scouting this year's competition for IM v-ball.

Panama

No comments: