Tuesday, November 05, 2002

Gosh, I really need to start fasting from being online. It's like ok I'm gonna be online for like only an hour then it's like 3 hours later and oh it's time to go to class. Sheesh where does time really go. Just looking at my calendar, I'm in the terrible 3 weeks again, as last week was an exam, this week an exam and a paper, and next week is a term paper again! One thing I am learning so far is that I am never taking these once a week night classes ever again. I think I'd rather go to school for 4 days then go to 1 night class.

Anywhoot, yesterday night was just a tale of two extremes of v-ball. I walk in, trying to stay mentally prepared for our first playoff game. Once I found out that we were playing against a team that tied with us for 3rd, that only pumped me up even more. The JFK gym added a new sign, and it read "Play Like A Champion, Today" and that got me going because again I don't like to lose. We lost the first game, but it was great to call a time out and the team really regroup and regained their composure. I felt bad because I gave crappy passes. On the other hand, the intensity of this game was just unbelievable and I apologize to the team for my language which was uncalled for. It's just frustrating to be passing bad and also to see the team not mentally prepared. As a player this is something you gotta want, laying everything all on the line and because if we lose then as Kenny Smith and Charles Barkley would say "We'd gone fishing". But praise God that we won and I look forward to going up against whoever our next opponent is.

Now with only 45 minutes after this game, I had to race on over to OU to play against Theta Chi. I made it in with 10 minutes to rest, and replenish fluids. No offense but after a high energy game, this must of been the low energy game because Theta Chi just flat out sucked. I'm amazed that Danielle would put us up against such a weakling in this Conference. You know it's sad when most of our points came off of lifts from the other team. Not much else to say but the Titans improve to 6-1, best record in the East baby! Oh and yeah see what I mean about the 2 extremes of v-ball last night.

Also, since I wasn't there for the first game, I let Jane and Maegan be the co-captains for my place. They decided to add another girl to the team, Lisa, and she isn't that bad of a player. I just wanna welcome Lisa to the Titans baby. I never really noticed till last night either, but man I got the hottest girls in the league right now, with Lisa, Maegan, Jane, and Melissa. Not only are they cute, but they got skillz and that's why I'm confident the Titans will repeat as champs!

Eeerrrr ok my shoulder is hurting so I can't type anymore, time to eat those yummy pain killers :) It didn't help last night that I flew into the bleachers at OU diving for a save, gosh this shoulder really stings. It's ok though, pain is temporary, The Game is forever.

You Can't Hunt What You Can't Kill

No comments: